Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will I be able to visit Israel in August

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:06 pm
I'm from NY and we were supposed to do a pilot trip in August. I can't seem to get concrete advice on whether it'll be possible or not. Anyone on here can post what they know? Thank you.

Ora in town

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:10 pm
I suppose there will still be 2 weeks quarantine for people coming in from abroad... but who knows?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm from NY and we were supposed to do a pilot trip in August. I can't seem to get concrete advice on whether it'll be possible or not. Anyone on here can post what they know? Thank you.
As of right now only citizens are allowed to enter and possiy those eho get permission from the embassy or domething like that and you have to have a place to quarantine. So if you werent planning on staying more than 2 weeks, not worth it. You literally wont be able to go anywhere.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 1:48 am
Thank you.
None of us have Israeli citizenship. I wonder if they'll allow us in if I tell them it's to visit so we can come and live there in the future.
We were thinking of staying 4 weeks, so would be ok to quarantine.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:05 am
I still wouldn't count on it. They're planning on allowing tourism to and from Greece and Cyprus, who both had very low infection rates, beginning August.

To be honest, I'm wondering whether my father will be able to come for the chagim.

Though the virus is so widespread in the community now, that a few more tourists won't much difference. It's not like it was at the beginning when we wanted to limit the spread. But we still don't want to have to dedicate limited hospital space to tourists if we need it for ourselves.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:08 am
I don't think that non-Israeli citizens or non-visa-holders are allowed to enter right now, and considering that we are not over the peak of our second wave with now, it seems unlikely that this will change by August.

But even if it is possible to fly here, I would consider rescheduling unless you have already narrowed down your community to 1-2 places. You won't be able to leave your quarantine apartment/home at all during the 2-week quarantine, so you won't see much of the town you are in at all except what you can see happening out of the window.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics