Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you don’t usually wear makeup..
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:45 pm
I see people here posting how they don’t wear makeup everyday, and I’m just wondering, is it because you don’t care enough to be bothered, or are you just naturally beautiful? I’ll give myself a makeup free day here and there, very infrequently, but generally speaking I cannot imagine walking out of the house without makeup. I even put it on when I’m not walking out of the house.. just makes me feel pretty and put together.

RuralIma

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:47 pm
I've just never been interested in makeup, I don't think I'm particularly pretty, it was just never something that was important to me. The most I'll ever wear is lipstick.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:54 pm
I think I look nice even without makeup, and DH doesn't particularly appreciate makeup, so who should I do it for?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:56 pm
Im considered naturally pretty. People tell me a look like a specific celebrity often. Even so I dont like the way I look and feel without it. Even if its for myself. I feel like im more confident and as if im putting my best foot when im made up ...

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:59 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Im considered naturally pretty. People tell me a look like a specific celebrity often. Even so I dont like the way I look and feel without it. Even if its for myself. I feel like im more confident and as if im putting my best foot when im made up ...

Really curious.. which celebrity would that be?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:59 pm
I just don't have the patience to spend too much time on makeup.

I'll usually wear lipstick and eyeliner (takes 30 seconds to put on) but I've been told I look pretty without makeup. Though of course I do look much better with (most people do).

I never do the whole full face 10 minute routine - it's just not in my personality, and I don't particularly like the look.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:00 pm
I like when my face feels nice and clean. All that junk smeared on makes me feel uck. I am not especially pretty, nor ugly. Sometimes I give a little dab.
I am almost 50, and my skin is still fairly smooth and young looking, probably because I hardly ever wear makeup.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:02 pm
-I don't care
-My husband doesn't care
-I don't find it comfortable
-It's not a priority so automatically I don't have the time
-I'm not very pretty but I think I look OK without it

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:02 pm
No I'm not considered pretty and I don't have good skin. but I hate the feeling of makeup and I can't be bothered.

queen esther

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:03 pm
I don't wear it very often, and when I do, it's super light. I think it's for a few reasons- one, I've never been into it, my mother was never into it, no one ever took me to get fancy makeup and really learn what to do. I'm not bothered by the natural look, so partially I just don't care about it enough to deal with it. Also I don't think I'm exceptionally beautiful, but I think a natural look, mostly clear skin with it's natural pinkish cheeks, eyes have their own color, and maybe lip balm is beautiful just on its own. I do appreciate makeup though... Just don't think it's necessary all the time.. If it made me happier, I would do it for that reason.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:04 pm
I wear minimal makeup for work (eyeliner/mascara) But nothing when just home other than lip balm and moisturizer. I’m definitely not beautiful but I have good, smooth line free skin (42) and like to let it breathe as much as possible. For a wedding I’ll put on more (eyeshadow, concealer, lip gloss) but that’s pretty much it

mommyhood

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:08 pm
I think I look fine without makeup and I’m comfortable being seen without. I’ve been told by many that I have good skin whatever that means but my lips and eyelashes are a lighter color so I feel so much brighter with eyeliner and lipstick. I only wear more on special occasions.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:09 pm
1- I don't have time in the morning
2- I work at home and I have a playgroup, a lot of fathers bring their kids, I would rather not have make up on then for tznius reasons!
If I know my husband will be home, I try to put it on. I'm ok without but definitely feel prettier with make up.
I guess like everything in life for some ppl it's a priority for some ppl it's not! Wink

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:13 pm
Many women are in a tznius cult.

No make up at all, no wig, , dress like a nun.
Then you can feel like you are frummest one on the block with out having to work on your middos or grow spiritiually

Frumme

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:20 pm
OP, haven't you seen the posts here about mikvah Friday night with the makeup-every-day women?! Ladies being very concerned their teenage girls/MILs will know something is going on because they're not wearing their usual "face!"

That gives me reason enough to not wear it regularly Wink

thegiver

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:20 pm
I beautify myself when I go in. Not when I go out. For my spouse only. Don't care what others think of me. Don't want attention from others. Why should I try to gain their approval? Can they respect me even if I'm not beautiful for them? Can they see me for who I am inside?

thegiver

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:21 pm
Also makeup costs $$ can't be wasted

camp123

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:24 pm
I'll sometimes put on some light foundation on my skin. But it looks natural. I hate the look of thick mascara and eye liner and so does my husband. He said no to a girl he was going out with because he couldn't stand the made up look. He says it looks so fake he just doesn't get it... And to be honest nor do I. But the point is we're all different. So while I respect your need to put on make up you should respect ours, not to. Not everyone needs it, to make themselves feel good about themselves.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:25 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Many women are in a tznius cult.

No make up at all, no wig, , dress like a nun.
Then you can feel like you are frummest one on the block with out having to work on your middos or grow spiritiually

What an interesting statement! Scratching Head
I don't think there are many women like that! And you have no idea who does and who doesn't work on their middos!

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:47 pm
Dear L-rd.
This also has to be analyzed and judged??
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics