Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Until what age do you swaddle?
1  2  Next

muss

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:49 pm
My baby is 3.5 months. Until three months I would always swaddle her at night time and it helped her sleep. The swaddle is too small now so I don't use it and she's up very often.
Are there bigger swaddles? Until what age do they not wake themselves up from shock?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:52 pm
My second was swaddled until 8 months (arms only), and it would have been longer had I not needed to return the borrowed swaddler! I used the Miracle Blanket, it worked great for her.

She really needed it, she's a more sensory kid

challahchallah

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:54 pm
Yes, they make bigger swaddles (at least to size 3-6 months). At a little over 4 months we started worrying that our baby would be able to roll over so we switched to the Merlin magic sleep suit as a transition.

happy chick

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:02 pm
How do you swaddle so long? My kids were swaddled for about 3-4 weeks, after that they squirmed in the swaddle.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:06 pm
ABout a week! Mine hated it and broke free. We switched to a sleep sack

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:16 pm
Untill they brake free. My baby now is abt 7 months old and needs to be swaddled only when sleeping. My baby started braking free when up at abt 4 months old. That was long. My other kids till abt 2 months.

muss

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:18 pm
Thanks. Could you post links of swaddles you used for your babies over 3 months old

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:28 pm
I still swaddle my almost 10 month old

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:30 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I still swaddle my almost 10 month old

I always read that it’s unsafe to swaddle a baby who can roll over. Unless your swaddling with arms out (in which case, what’s the point?)

challahchallah

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:31 pm
muss wrote:
Thanks. Could you post links of swaddles you used for your babies over 3 months old

How tall / heavy is your baby? We used this. Size small corresponds to 3-6 months, up to 26” and 18 lbs.

Halo Sleepsack 100% Cotton Swaddle, Heather Gray, Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X.....GCMPH

lucky14

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:37 pm
Are you still swaddling with arms swaddled in? If so look up how to do a double swaddle with blankets. If you decide to do this just make sure the blankets are thin, baby is just wearing a short sleeve onesie and the bedroom is cool (you want to make sure baby doesn't get over-heated since they will be wrapped up in two blankets). We used the miracle blanket until my baby grew out of it. This was the only way I was able to swaddle both of my children- they broke free of everything else.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:54 pm
Until they can roll over. Then we did arms out in sleep sacks. We transitioned one arm at a time with the love to dream 50/50.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:59 pm
My babies loved being swaddled, especially my boys. My firstborn was swaddled for almost a year. He could easily free his arms when he wanted to (and he usually did), but he liked to go to sleep starting off swaddled, so by all means, we let him. Eventually he didn't want it anymore, so we switched him to a sleep sack (at 10 months? 11 months? I don't remember anymore.)

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:23 am
I didn't... that seems to be a new (or very old) concept...

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:32 am
https://miraclebabyusa.com/pro.....nket/
That's the miracle blanket. My daughter was also able to get out if she really wanted to, but it made her feel secure so it was really good for her.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 3:58 am
I swaddle each baby until I found them"getting out" of the swaddle often enough.
Each child took a different amount of time.
I use large thin stretchy type blankets that they don't grow out of at a specific age.

The kids that hated the swaddle right away are actually the one that didn't like cuddling too much either and vice versa.

caza

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:03 am
Until they could roll over, around 3 months.
I started by taking out 1 hand , bh he transitioned really easily to a sleeping bag.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:33 am
My babys physical therapist said not to swaddle ARMS after 2 months old, they need to move arms to develop properly. Try wearable blanket with sleeves instead. Carters makes cozy ones. My baby loves it!

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:39 am
I swaddle fully till about 2-3 months, start letting out one hand and swaddling the other, then both hands out. BUT, I do a full swaddle before nursing. The flailing arms all over my chest, scratching me, or pushing themselves off the breast only to hysterically go rooting for it to be back in his mouth... too much for me. Swaddle, nurse calmly, and then sleep however you want.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:42 am
You must stop swaddling at 2 months or when baby shows signs of rolling, whichever comes FIRST. It is dangerous if baby can roll in a swaddle. At 2 months or at first sign of rolling switch to a sleep sack.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics