Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Best homeware chain stores in Israel?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:15 am
need good quality products

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:39 am
What is homeware? Furniture? Appliances?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:50 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
What is homeware? Furniture? Appliances?

Not furniture. Kitchen items, dishes, bedroom, bathroom etc

Rappel

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:01 am
Unfortunately, my favourite is not a chain store, it's a shop in Ariel.

My second vote goes to IKEA, followed by Fox.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:05 am
How do people feel about naaman and vardinon?

Success10

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:09 am
People like Golf.

Or you can order from Next.

Rappel

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:16 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

I bought a decent pot once at Naaman, and I received a few of their knives and kitchenwares as wedding gifts. I'm not wowed by their prices or quality, but they're okay.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:21 am
Golf is okay

Fox Home

Naaman has decent cookware

SOHO is fun but pricey

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:25 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

Amazing but expensive. Naaman does have monthly sale items and you can get a good deal on those! Besides that it's overpriced I recently went to Vardinon they had 2 oven mitts and 2 good kitchen towels for 60 shekels for all 4. They're AMAZING kitchen towels, we got 3 sets for Pareve Milchig and Meat a couple weeks ago. I believe it's still going on.

Besides that FOX has amazing deals. I like it better than Ikea - quality wise. FOX has some amazing pots and pans, MUCH better than ikea. (Ikeas sucks). Ikea is better for glass ware, glass containers, weekday dishes, silverware.

FOX has 40 percent off the entire store so much of the time, even 60 percent off sometimes. If you have a dream card (I'll explain below) it's also an amazing addition!

Dream Card: If you live in Israel GET ONE! They cost 70 shekels for one time and you have it for life - it gives you sales in about 15 chain stores in Israel, racks up points and you get an addition 30 percent of in every store for the whole month of your birthday. You can even combine, like we went to FOX recently and had 50 percent of the store with an added 30 percent off for my birthday that was this month. We got INCREDIBLE deal and AMAZING pots and pans that were originally much more expensive.

Dream Card works in: Laline, FOX, FOX home, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, Children's Place, MANGO, Terminal X, Foot Locker, Cafe Greg, and many more stores.

- Sincerely someone who has been living in Israel for 10 years.

Anon since we just bought a ton of stuff from a bunch of stores, and most of our family and friends heard about it. And I'm a voluntarily public ambassador of the dreamcard Smile

Teomima

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:43 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Amazing but expensive. Naaman does have monthly sale items and you can get a good deal on those! Besides that it's overpriced I recently went to Vardinon they had 2 oven mitts and 2 good kitchen towels for 60 shekels for all 4. They're AMAZING kitchen towels, we got 3 sets for Pareve Milchig and Meat a couple weeks ago. I believe it's still going on.

Besides that FOX has amazing deals. I like it better than Ikea - quality wise. FOX has some amazing pots and pans, MUCH better than ikea. (Ikeas sucks). Ikea is better for glass ware, glass containers, weekday dishes, silverware.

FOX has 40 percent off the entire store so much of the time, even 60 percent off sometimes. If you have a dream card (I'll explain below) it's also an amazing addition!

Dream Card: If you live in Israel GET ONE! They cost 70 shekels for one time and you have it for life - it gives you sales in about 15 chain stores in Israel, racks up points and you get an addition 30 percent of in every store for the whole month of your birthday. You can even combine, like we went to FOX recently and had 50 percent of the store with an added 30 percent off for my birthday that was this month. We got INCREDIBLE deal and AMAZING pots and pans that were originally much more expensive.

Dream Card works in: Laline, FOX, FOX home, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, Children's Place, MANGO, Terminal X, Foot Locker, Cafe Greg, and many more stores.

- Sincerely someone who has been living in Israel for 10 years.

Anon since we just bought a ton of stuff from a bunch of stores, and most of our family and friends heard about it. And I'm a voluntarily public ambassador of the dreamcard Smile

I agree regarding the prices at Naaman.

I also agree that a Dream Card is a good deal (you don't need the credit card though. People fall into the trap of getting the credit cards for all these places like the Dream Card and Shufersal when really their regular, non credit-card membership has great deals).

For some houseware items, even quality stuff, you can go to the super cheap shops. Max Stock for example has a large selection of pretend Pyrex dishes.

Ikea has a large selection but the quality isn't the best, especially for dishes. But the more expensive knives and pots aren't horrible. As for the bedroom, I buy almost all our blankets, pillows, and bed linens from there. The prices can't be beat. Good prices on towels, too, though not the super fluffy kind if that's what you prefer.

There are some outlet and factory brand shops where you can find good deals on Israeli products such as Soltam pots and pans.

Last edited by Teomima on Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total

chanchy123

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:44 am
Fox is cheap, there great sales too. I’ve found their quality in home ware to match the prices. Pot handles fell apart, sheets had small holes. Great prices but if you can afford to get better quality its probably worth it. I live their clothes, really good prices and quality is better than you’d expect and they have a line of tznius clothes. Soltam has great pots and kitchen ware. Vardinon for bedding.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:32 am
Teomima wrote:
I agree regarding the prices at Naaman.

I also agree that a Dream Card is a good deal (you don't need the credit card though. People fall into the trap of getting the credit cards for all these places like the Dream Card and Shufersal when really their regular, non credit-card membership has great deals).

For some houseware items, even quality stuff, you can go to the super cheap shops. Max Stock for example has a large selection of pretend Pyrex dishes.

Ikea has a large selection but the quality isn't the best, especially for dishes. But the more expensive knives and pots aren't horrible. As for the bedroom, I buy almost all our blankets, pillows, and bed linens from there. The prices can't be beat. Good prices on towels, too, though not the super fluffy kind if that's what you prefer.

There are some outlet and factory brand shops where you can find good deals on Israeli products such as Soltam pots and pans.

I can't stand ikea linen. It's so scratchy. I love ours from FOX home and a local store that sells sets for 300-600 shekels from USA that are really good quality.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:32 am
How does Fox home compare to Naaman for kitchen and dishware?

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:34 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Fox is cheap, there great sales too. I’ve found their quality in home ware to match the prices. Pot handles fell apart, sheets had small holes. Great prices but if you can afford to get better quality its probably worth it. I live their clothes, really good prices and quality is better than you’d expect and they have a line of tznius clothes. Soltam has great pots and kitchen ware. Vardinon for bedding.

They have cheaper pots and more expensive ones. You need to feel the pots and their handles. We got ones priced originally for 400-600 shekel each. Not the cheaper ones. In Israel many stores sell bad quality next to good quality - you need to feel a product for yourself, read what it's made out of, feel the handles, look at it - before you buy.

Bedding - I've had our linen for a year and half from FOX - used very often never had holes or issues. The Jersey linen is the softest thing EVER IMHO.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:51 am
I don't think the VIP Dreamcard is a waste of money.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:53 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
They have cheaper pots and more expensive ones. You need to feel the pots and their handles. We got ones priced originally for 400-600 shekel each. Not the cheaper ones. In Israel many stores sell bad quality next to good quality - you need to feel a product for yourself, read what it's made out of, feel the handles, look at it - before you buy.

Bedding - I've had our linen for a year and half from FOX - used very often never had holes or issues. The Jersey linen is the softest thing EVER IMHO.

The pots were gifts so I don’t know about pieces I’m comparing them with Soltam pots I’ve had for ever which I love.
The jersey bedding was soft and I payed really nothing for them (they were on sale plus a birthday discount). The were worth every penny, but I didn’t pay many pennies. Started getting the holes after a hard and a half.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:57 am
Rappel wrote:
Unfortunately, my favourite is not a chain store, it's a shop in Ariel.

My second vote goes to IKEA, followed by Fox.

Which store? I'm in the shomron.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 8:17 am
Kitan for linen (they have their own stores and also are sold in the Mashbir).
Golf and Co for more conservative kitchen ware and general home goods.
Fox and Home for younger style home ware.
YES to getting a membership at all these stores. NO to getting their credit card (be very careful not to get sucked in).

Those are pretty much the main chain stores here.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 8:25 am
And Sultam for pots. Available in many stores and in Sultam shops.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:27 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Kitan for linen (they have their own stores and also are sold in the Mashbir).
Golf and Co for more conservative kitchen ware and general home goods.
Fox and Home for younger style home ware.
YES to getting a membership at all these stores. NO to getting their credit card (be very careful not to get sucked in).

Those are pretty much the main chain stores here.

Would you say that Golf and Fox are better than Naaman?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics