Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Split: another masks argument
1  2  3  4  5  Next

naomi2

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 12:44 pm
Sorry I'm with your dh on this one. I'm done with the restrictions. My body, My choice. If someone is high risk they can stay home. This thing is only going away when there is herd immunity.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 12:50 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Sorry I'm with your dh on this one. I'm done with the restrictions. My body, My choice. If someone is high risk they can stay home. This thing is only going away when there is herd immunity.

That’s a disgusting, selfish attitude. You’re “done” so to heck with everyone else whom you might put in danger or at risk? Do you have parents? Grandparents? I pity them

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
That’s a disgusting, selfish attitude. You’re “done” so to heck with everyone else whom you might put in danger or at risk? Do you have parents? Grandparents? I pity them

I'll be 50 in the winter..I guess I'll never leave my house again.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:13 pm
Trump does wear a mask just not when speaking.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Trump also doesn’t keep Shabbos, does it mean op’s dh should copy that?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:15 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Wow, such entitlement and pure selfishness.
This is not just about people at risk.
I dont know where you live but here in Israel, you can get a fine if caught without one.
And there is no way of knowing if there is or ever will be herd immunity.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:22 pm
I dont wear a mask either unless I have to. Ive had enough.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

I saw somewhere they were criticizing Trump for not wearing a mask at a private golf course. That IMO is like criticizing someone for not wearing a seatbelt while sitting at their kitchen table.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Not that I'm aware of. But do you really think that people who have not been health screened and tested get to go near the POTUS?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I dont wear a mask either unless I have to. Ive had enough.

When do u have to? U had enough? What about other people?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. But do you really think that people who have not been health screened and tested get to go near the POTUS?

https://www.theguardian.com/us.....y-row

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Someone needs to show more pictures of him wearing a mask.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:19 pm
naomi2 wrote:

Im so done with stopping at red lights. My body, my choice. If someone has difficulty navigating around my driving excursions, they can stay home.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:32 pm
naomi2 wrote:

Not helpful to OP - why would this make her feel better? How would this help the situation?

naomi2

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:42 pm
Ok I'm selfish and unhelpful.
I. Don't. Care. Anymore.
I don't care about anyone else. Seriously.
You all walked around killing grandmas and cancer patients left and right last year with your flu and pneumonia. You didn't wear any mask either because you didn't care. Noone before this thought it was up to the majority of healthy people in the community to restrict themselves so so much to protect the vulnerable. Well now I don't care. I refuse to be under other people's thumb until they decide it is socially acceptable to breath air again. The restrictions were eever to flatten the curve but when we did, they were not lifted. Where I live there are no new deaths for weeks. Leave me alone.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:58 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I. Don't. Care. Anymore.
You all walked around killing grandmas and cancer patients left and right last year with your flu and pneumonia. You didn't wear any mask either because you didn't care. Noone before this thought it was up to the majority of healthy people in the community to restrict themselves so so much to protect the vulnerable. Well now I don't care. I refuse to be under other people's thumb until they decide it is socially acceptable to breath air again. The restrictions were eever to flatten the curve but when we did, they were not lifted. Where I live there are no new deaths for weeks. Leave me alone.

There are two ways to make a point. One way is with defiance and self-centeredness. The other way includes caring and understanding about others.

That makes a very big difference how well your point will be accepted by others.

(and FTR comparing this to flu or pneumonia just diminishes your entire stance.)

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:06 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I. Don't. Care. Anymore.

Clearly you don't care.
I very much disagree with you - but that's not my point. Whether I'm right or you are right, your opinion on COVID in general is not helpful to the OP of this thread at all.

Your opinion does not enhance her perspective or shalom bayis at all. Just take it to another thread. Open your own, OP came here to talk about what she is going through and get advice.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:08 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I. Don't. Care. Anymore.
Surprised Can't Believe It Banging head

Im sorry but the flu and pneumonia has never killed as many people as this virus has in the few months that its been around for so far.
I just checked numbers in america. Total deaths by flu 2019 34,000. Total deaths by covid so far 124,000 in the few months its been around.
How in the bloody heck can you even compare the two??

And of course restrictions cant let up all together or else the curve will rise again.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:27 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I. Don't. Care. Anymore.

The bolded changes everything. We are in place that has possibly reached herd immunity. Our community hasn't had a case since early may. Even the doctor's office is not requiring masks.
So no, if you live in a neighborhood like mine you don't need to wear one unless u choose too.

There is a big difference if someone lives in a place that is spiking now, where most people were not infected yet.
Though I do understand the frustration of having to do this for so many months. I'm not sure what I would do. It's a question for your LOR and community doctor.

naomi2

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:32 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Surprised Can't Believe It Banging head

Im sorry but the flu and pneumonia has never killed as many people as this virus has in the few months that its been around for so far.
I just checked numbers in america. Total deaths by flu 2019 34,000. Total deaths by covid so far 124,000 in the few months its been around.
How in the bloody heck can you even compare the two??

And of course restrictions cant let up all together or else the curve will rise again.

These numbers don't impress me. Statistics can and are manipulated very easily.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics