Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
40'000 new cases in USA! Record high!
1  2  Next

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:12 am
The Covid19 pandemic is not over in the USA.

Yesterday, the number of new cases hit a record high, with over 40'000.
The 7-day-average is passing the peaks in April.

The outbreak is mainly driven by Florida, California, Texas and Arizona.

Debbyl

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:20 am
Is there a spike in hospitalizations or only a spike in confirmed cases?

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:34 am
Debbyl wrote:

In Texas it is hospitalization. New Jersey is now also creeping up.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:44 am
Israel is creeping up too. Hundreds of new cases reported daily.

Public transportation is packed like sardines with kids who are back in school. Can't Believe It

The city of Elad is in full lockdown mode.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:47 am
I have to say this, the news is not always true. I believe the numbers are blown out of proportion to instill fear in all of us. That being said, Take everything with a grain of salt, and as always be cautious and take precautions yourself wear a mask etc.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:50 am
Debbyl wrote:

Hospitalizations are up - ICU is at capacity in some hospitals in Texas and Arizona.

Hospitalizations lag behind cases and deaths lag behind Hospitalizations - typically someone dies about 10 days after hospitalization.

The EU has flattened the curve for all intents and purposes although it was on the same trajectory at the same time.
Because of the lack of effective leadership at the Federal level, the US is going to witness horrendous medical crisis in various locations.

Trump wanted to deny that the pandemic was dangerous because he thought his base could be fooled if he just pretended it was gong away. The Republic governors didn't want to impose effective lockdown procedures.

Blue states like NY essentially flattened the curve effectively and are more like the EU model because of the leadership that the Tri-state governors took. Arizona and Texas are headed for medical disasters because they opened without following guidelines for safely phased reopening because Trump was frantic to attempt to show that there was no pandemic. Banging head Banging head

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:13 am
Amarante wrote:
Hospitalizations are up - ICU is at capacity in some hospitals in Texas and Arizona.

Hospitalizations lag behind cases and deaths lag behind Hospitalizations - typically someone dies about 10 days after hospitalization.

The EU has flattened the curve for all intents and purposes although it was on the same trajectory at the same time.
Because of the lack of effective leadership at the Federal level, the US is going to witness horrendous medical crisis in various locations.

Trump wanted to deny that the pandemic was dangerous because he thought his base could be fooled if he just pretended it was gong away. The Republic governors didn't want to impose effective lockdown procedures.

Blue states like NY essentially flattened the curve effectively and are more like the EU model because of the leadership that the Tri-state governors took. Arizona and Texas are headed for medical disasters because they opened without following guidelines for safely phased reopening because Trump was frantic to attempt to show that there was no pandemic. Banging head Banging head

Completely irrational post. I'll just comment on one thing NY flattened the curve effectivly??? They have had the most people get it and the most die from it. They have dealt with it extremely poorly, delayed closing down and reopened with the protests.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:14 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I believe the numbers are blown out of proportion to instill fear in all of us.

I believe the true numbers are accessible to anyone with a Ouija board.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:17 am
Amarante wrote:
What are talking about??? Ny has the largest number of deaths in the usa from this terrible virus.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:23 am
Here is a graphic chart illustrating the difference between EU and USA in terms of trajectory of Covid-19.

In March case loads were similar - EU dealt with it effectively - USA did not.

Many unnecessary deaths in the US - and no one can say at this point US had not warning. They had warning in what was happening in Europe and NY three months ago but denied the dangers and took little or no effective measures

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:25 am
I do not understand your post Op.

You are gleeful about it?

Sounding a warning? What's your point you want a lockdown again?
Not happening. Nor warranted B"H.

Pretty sure we are all keeping up to date.

Thanks anyway.

What country do you live in and how is that country doing? If better then what is your country doing to help flatten the curve? TIA

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:36 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
What are talking about??? Ny has the largest number of deaths in the usa from this terrible virus.

You missed my point. NY had a terrible rate of infection in March and then took measures which have effectively flattened the curve so that cases were lowered - a success story. It did what it was supposed to do.

This is just like places like Italy and Spain which had terrible rates of infection and overrun hospitals in March - enforced effective lockdown measures and flattened the curve.

Those areas like Florida and Arizona and Texas opened up prematurely and are suffering the medical consequences.

New York still has the country’s highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths, but the numbers have been steadily falling: At its peak, the virus claimed 1,000 deaths a day in the state; on Thursday, the state recorded 17 deaths. Florida, among the states not mandating masks, rushed to reopen and is now seeing 5,000 new cases a day and 46 deaths on Thursday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:38 am
Debbyl wrote:

Yes, there is a spike in hospitalizations in the most affected regions, and they are about to arrive at capacity...
I.e. they might not be able to cope in a few days...

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:43 am
Amarante wrote:
You missed my point. NY had a terrible rate of infection in March and then took measures which have effectively flattened the curve so that cases were lowered - a success story. It did what it was supposed to do.

This is just like places like Italy and Spain which had terrible rates of infection and overrun hospitals in March - enforced effective lockdown measures and flattened the curve.

Those areas like Florida and Arizona and Texas opened up prematurely and are suffering the medical consequences.

The death rate per million inhabitants in New York City (almost 2'200 Covid deaths per million inhabitants, that's0,22% of the population) is worse than in most affected regions in France, Spain, or Italy.

So you cannot say it was a victory.
It was a failure, in New York City, New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut, Northern Italy, eastern France, Spain, Brazil, Mexico...

The countries/regions that contained well up to now are South Korea, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore...

And now, through reckless spreading, it is about to become a catastrophy in Florida, Texas, California, Arizona, probably also Oklahoma and many more...

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:46 am
Ora in town wrote:
The death rate per million inhabitants in New York City (almost 2'200 Covid deaths per million inhabitants, that's0,22% of the population) is worse than in most affected regions in France, Spain, or Italy.

So you cannot say it was a victory.
It was a failure, in New York City, New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut, Northern Italy, eastern France, Spain, Brazil, Mexico...

The countries/regions that contained well up to now are South Korea, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore...

And now, through reckless spreading, it is about to become a catastrophy in Florida, Texas, California, Arizona, probably also Oklahoma and many more...

I didn't claim it was a success - many people died but it was early in the epidemic and NY was unprepared for the deluge.

However it imposed lockdown measures which other states didn't do and at this point NY is a success story in terms of having effectively flattened the curve.

I am not sure why this is a controversial statement. NY rates are currently more like the EU versus states like Texas, and Arizona which are heading into catastrophe. And those states had the benefit of three months of being able to prepare. They deliberately did NOT follow the CDC recommendations in terms of gradual reopening based on testing data.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I do not understand your post Op.

You are gleeful about it?

Sounding a warning? What's your point you want a lockdown again?
Not happening. Nor warranted B"H.

Pretty sure we are all keeping up to date.

Thanks anyway.

What country do you live in and how is that country doing? If better then what is your country doing to help flatten the curve? TIA

Sounding a warning. And informing.

Because there are many voices on this forum who try to minimize the risk and encourage reckless behavior...

It's not that I want a lockdown, it's more that I want to encourage people to follow prevention that will allow to avoid a lockdown: no big assemblies, no protests, if there is one, don't go, and wearing a mask when in confined spaces with many people like subway, work, shul, etc.

My country was quite overwhelmed in March, but did a good job in flattening the curve.
The death rate is much lower than in the USA. The number of new cases is very low...

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:58 am
New York, was in no way a success story. They locked down at least a week too late and never closed public transportation. The only reason they flattened the curve is because most people were already infected.
It's important for New Yorkers not to get to complacent because I heard that many people who tested positive for antibodies are now testing negative. We obviously have no idea what that means but should definitely take necessary precautions.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:06 pm
Amarante wrote:

New York still has the country’s highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths, but the numbers have been steadily falling: At its peak, the virus claimed 1,000 deaths a day in the state; on Thursday, the state recorded 17 deaths. Florida, among the states not mandating masks, rushed to reopen and is now seeing 5,000 new cases a day and 46 deaths on Thursday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

As we all know in many nYC communities there was no successful lockdown, many didn’t listen to the rules, and the case #s still went down since a large amount of people got it originally.

States that locked down properly then have spikes now because no one is immune yet, that’s all.

My brother works in healthcare in Williamsburg and they tested 14,000 people for antibodies and approximately 60% tested positive for antibodies.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:17 pm
Here in Texas, no one locked down. Very few wore masks and believed their constitutional rights were being violated in a store or other place that had no-mask-no-entry rules. Very little social distancing. The government, at local, state, and federal levels, did very little to educate or put any kind of measures in place. My family is from New York and we criticized Cuomo’s and De Blasio’s handling of COVID, as did many other Texas. But the way things are going now here...should’ve kept our mouths shut.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:44 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Sounding a warning. And informing.

Because there are many voices on this forum who try to minimize the risk and encourage reckless behavior...

It's not that I want a lockdown, it's more that I want to encourage people to follow prevention that will allow to avoid a lockdown: no big assemblies, no protests, if there is one, don't go, and wearing a mask when in confined spaces with many people like subway, work, shul, etc.

My country was quite overwhelmed in March, but did a good job in flattening the curve.
The death rate is much lower than in the USA. The number of new cases is very low...

What is your opinion about kids day camps, kids not wearing masks obviously.

Would you say it’s the same as adult gatheriNg s, or ok without masks?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics