Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What makes a women pretty
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:18 am
Is it the body or the face? I'm asking because I have a pretty face and was skinny before I got married and now that I have kids gained weight. I was thought pretty refers to the face but my husband thinks the opposite:( He does appreciate my face but is much more into that I could lose weight and look much prettier...I guess it's a guy's way of looking at things. What are your thoughts?

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:20 am
Beauty is generally in your face - usually lips and eyes (not color but set and shape). Some women (like most models) are quite ugly aestetically but very s-zy and sensual. Obviously having a good body helps with the latter. People also have different things they are attracted to so... Don't worry about things about of your control. The real thing is about being beautiful inside and treating others beautifully

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:20 am
Confidence and a great smile

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

I like that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:22 am

THIS! Very Happy

A happy woman who knows her worth in the world is always the most beautiful.

An angry, bitter runway model with poor self esteem is never going to be pretty.

RuralIma

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:23 am
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There really isn't a one size fits all as far as beauty goes. Everyone is going to have a different idea as to what is beautiful and what they're attracted to. Some people are attracted to a face, body (any size and shape can be beautiful and attractive), some people don't care about looks and are more attracted to personality.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:26 am
If you have a pretty face but gained weight in your body, it's likely you gained weight in your face too. I don't like gaunt faces, but double chins and bloated cheeks aren't pretty either.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
If you have a pretty face but gained weight in your body, it's likely you gained weight in your face too. I don't like gaunt faces, but double chins and bloated cheeks aren't pretty either.

my husband always like my cute cheeks and he still does-I always had cute cheeks even with a skinny face. My cheeks didn't get that much fatter...

exaustedmom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:30 am
Kind eyes and a smiley face

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:38 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Kind eyes and a smiley face

I have very pretty eyes and I am sweet as well. I am very self conscious about my weight and I feel like since I do have a pretty face I should be more appreciated for it and not be focus so much on m weight if it is so hard to lose.

freilich

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have very pretty eyes and I am sweet as well. I am very self conscious about my weight and I feel like since I do have a pretty face I should be more appreciated for it and not be focus so much on m weight if it is so hard to lose.

You should be appreciated for your essence. Not your body. Make sure you feel that you are loved for simply being you. Don’t wait for your husband to love you like this, if you don’t love yourself. That doesn’t mean you don’t need to take care of your weight gain. Just do it from a healthy perspective, and you might even get to enjoy it😄

As for an answer to the original question, a confident, open, and smiling face is what makes a person attractive.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:44 am

Confidence and a great smile are wonderful attributes to have but these glamour magazines that sell tens of millions of copies aren't putting "confident" women in their pages.

let's be real here.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Here is where the confidence is needed. It may just be the knowledge that you are taking the best care of yourself as you can in your present circumstances.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Confidence and a great smile are wonderful attributes to have but these glamour magazines that sell tens of millions of copies aren't putting "confident" women in their pages.

let's be real here.

So what you consider "beauty", is actually the Western Beauty Standard and the male gaze criteria.

What I think of as beauty, is if the woman feels beautiful FOR HERSELF.

I'll take my definition any day of the week. I'm tired of living up to other people's standards, aren't you?

(rhetorical "you")

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it the body or the face? I'm asking because I have a pretty face and was skinny before I got married and now that I have kids gained weight. I was thought pretty refers to the face but my husband thinks the opposite:( He does appreciate my face but is much more into that I could lose weight and look much prettier...I guess it's a guy's way of looking at things. What are your thoughts?

Lots of men prefer curvier women. Lots of DHs love their overweight wives. Lots of skinny wives get divorced. If a DH tells his wife to lose weight, that means he isn’t liking you as you are.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:55 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Lots of men prefer curvier women. Lots of DHs love their overweight wives. Lots of skinny wives get divorced. If a DH tells his wife to lose weight, that means he isn’t liking you as you are.

And what do I do about that? kill myself to lose weight?

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:56 am
Beauty is in the eyes of social media. Go on Facebook and check the popular commercialized advertorials to find out the definition of beauty.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Beauty is in the eyes of social media. Go on Facebook and check the popular commercialized advertorials to find out the definition of beauty.

LOL LOL

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And what do I do about that? kill myself to lose weight?

That is not what I said - your DH needs to love you as you are.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And what do I do about that?

The billion dollar question. Do we try to change ones tastes (which are likely to a large degree formulated by societal trends, normatives, false ideals, and expectations), or try to change oneself to fit within those tastes? Way above my pay grade to even have an opinion on that, and even if I did, you definitely should get advice from someone more qualified.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics