Home

The Chazon Ish on TCHUPS
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:25 pm
I personally cringe when I see boys and especially men with tchups. I think they’re horrible, ugly

and they make the guy look like Ricky Ricardo or worse. It for sure is to copy the way of the gentiles

Fascinating Comment from the Chazon Ish Detailing His Halachic Perspective on Growing a ‘Tchup’ (Forelock)

The Chazon Ish states that it is permitted to grow a "tshup" for beauty reasons
( although not recommended)
https://genazym.bidspirit.com/.....29546
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:33 pm
And I personally like them.
Back to top

Notsobusy




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:38 pm
SuperWify wrote:
And I personally like them.


So do I!
Back to top

Surplus




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:45 pm
I like the look on little boys, I think it’s adorable, but my family doesn’t wear it.
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle
 

Post  Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:20 pm
What’s a tchup?
Back to top

amother




Olive
 

Post  Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I personally cringe when I see boys and especially men with tchups. I think they’re horrible, ugly

and they make the guy look like Ricky Ricardo or worse. It for sure is to copy the way of the gentiles

Fascinating Comment from the Chazon Ish Detailing His Halachic Perspective on Growing a ‘Tchup’ (Forelock)

The Chazon Ish states that it is permitted to grow a "tshup" for beauty reasons
( although not recommended)
https://genazym.bidspirit.com/.....29546


I personally cringe when I see little boys with their whole heads shaven except for their payos, which are grown long to their shoulders. We can all choose to either "personally cringe" or not micromanage every element of our lives so that we all look identical.

Live and let live, especially because, as you say, the Chazon Ish is okay with it. I'm not sure why this post exists.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 3:00 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
What’s a tchup?


I don't know either!
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 3:44 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
What’s a tchup?
The OP said forelocks so I am going to assume its when guys keep their peyot in the front of their ears maybe?
Back to top

Dina2018




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 6:51 pm
a tchup is a fringe
Back to top

Dina2018




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 6:53 pm
Dina2018 wrote:
a tchup is a fringe

or a quiff
Back to top

amother




Coffee
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 10:23 pm
Does anyone have a picture? Or link to a picture? I can’t get a clear picture of what exactly a tchup is.
Back to top

BH Yom Yom




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 10:26 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I don't know either!


Wondering the same thing! A picture would be helpful :-)
Back to top

amother




cornflower
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 10:27 pm
A tchup is extra long hair in front. We hold they arent permitted because they interfere with the proper placing of tefillin. That's why we have even short hair.
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 10:54 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
A tchup is extra long hair in front. We hold they arent permitted because they interfere with the proper placing of tefillin. That's why we have even short hair.
this
Although aesthetically I think they look nice.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:01 pm
A tschup is bangs. Or hair long enough for a side part.
Back to top

Surplus




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:05 pm
Anyone old enough to remember when a dip was in style for girls? That would be a tchup on boys.
Back to top

Mollie




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:17 pm
It is long hair in the front combed to the side
Back to top

BH Yom Yom




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:50 am
So like side-bangs?
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:52 am
I never knew a tchup is side only, I've seen them with hair straight down the forehead. It's basically long hair in the front.
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:54 am
In Lakewood it wasn’t frowned upon in the past
Recently DH heard a chassiddush rav speaking that in the Lakewood the boys are being influenced to grow the front of the hair. Because here it is acceptable.

(Tchup is long hair in the front - either bang or hair cut thicker in front with scissors instead of shaver)

My boys have tchup and no payis before they grow sideburns. Our rav said that is perfectly acceptable per our minhag. (We are yeshivish)
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Cheap (ish) kidswear and robes online
by amother
1 Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:20 pm View last post
Is Bein ish ubein uchiv only for cancer patients?
by amother
1 Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:07 pm View last post
Anybody know where I can contact Bein ish ubein uchiv?
by amother
5 Mon, Dec 30 2019, 6:36 pm View last post
Newly(ish) married couple looking for apt in Lakewood
by amother
6 Mon, Sep 16 2019, 10:14 pm View last post
by sky
ISO HEALTHY-(ish) apple kugel or muffins 9 Tue, Apr 02 2019, 2:01 pm View last post

Jump to: