Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help! Totally gross... roach in coffee machine

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:34 am
I saw a roach climb out of my keurig. I cleaned the machine but how do I make sure it’s completely clean? Or do I get rid of it?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:40 am
Not sure exactly how these machines ate constructed. Can you just do run through with boiling water, which you would then throw away, to clean /sterilize it?

applepie

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:46 am
Try running thru with vinegar. Use a whole bottle. Then water

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:09 am
Douse it in kerosene and light it on fire. Then burn the house down. Buy new house and coffee machine.

I hate cockroaches.

bnm

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:32 am
I had that problem years ago. Google said it was common. I wrapped it in a garbage bag and threw it out.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:35 am
bnm wrote:
I had that problem years ago. Google said it was common. I wrapped it in a garbage bag and threw it out.

The Keurig or the cockroach? Scratching Head

bnm

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:39 pm
All of it.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:41 pm
Looked it up. Google says they can live in the motor compartment, so running water or vinegar through it might not help. The kerosene suggestion probably would, but could be called overkill.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:51 pm
I lived in a building with a roach problem and a roach once scurried out of my coffee machine.

Frankly at this point you need to solve the root problem of your roach infestation. The coffee pot is the least of your problems. Modern extermination methods really work. I have never seen a single roach since then.

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Modern extermination methods really work. I have never seen a single roach since then.

Depends what kind of roaches we're talking about. Cuz those German Cockroaches Just. Don't. Die.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:59 pm
Success10 wrote:
Depends what kind of roaches we're talking about. Cuz those German Cockroaches Just. Don't. Die.

Yes they do with appropriate professional extermination. I haven't seen a roach for years even though my housekeeping isn't impeccable.

At a certain point, call in the professionals. Most of them guarantee in terms of coming back until the problem is solved.

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:20 pm
I've been using Combat Roach Traps since my eldest was born and I didn't want to use sprays with younguns in the house. Works like a charm. it takes a while to see results because it doesn't kill on contact, but eventually those stinkers vanish. You have to change the traps every 3 months. Expensive, but worth every cent.

Combat bait is chometz so remove the traps just before pesach and replace them immediately afterwards. Don't get complacent and forget to put them out again because you haven't seen any bugs in months. They will come back with a vengeance and you'll have to start the process of waiting for them to vanish all over again.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:40 pm
Roaches love water and electronics. You need to get rid of them completely or it won't be the last one you see. I remember when I was younger, we had a roach problem, due to a neighbor, who moved in from an apartment building. I still remember the roaches that got into a radio, saw them by the dials. Gross. We were attached to this neighbor, and my mother told them, we both have to get an exterminator or they will just come back when the coast is clear. Don't know if you live in a building, but if you do, it is very hard to get rid of them. Banging head

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:43 pm
Ewww really gross - I'm so sorry for you, that's just horrible!

Few years ago I found maggots on my Sandwich Toaster (Sandwich Maker). I hadn't cleaned it properly (apparently) and when I took it out the cupboard a week later, it was crawling - - - I found a builders dumpster and dumped it (even though I really liked it - it was a gift).

Ew Ew Ew - get to the source of the infestation with traps or whatever. You don't want it to happen again with your new machine (here's me assuming you've chucked your current coffee machine already!)

Good Luck!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:13 pm
Thanks. Yes I threw out my keurig. I’m actually moving this week. But if I were staying in my apt would definitely hire an exterminator
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics