Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please recheck if u have antibodies...
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:42 am
I know personally 2 people who had the virus and tested positive for antibodies and r sick again now with almost same symptoms as before and no more antibodies. 1 In hospital.. (They r from 2 different places that insisted everything go back to normal....)
I just hope that all the people who got tested positive are still positive for other people's sake!
And yes I am going to remind u all about SD and MASKS!
Thanks for listening and have a good day and please have these 2 people in mind who need a big refuah!

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know personally 2 people who had the virus and tested positive for antibodies and r sick again now with almost same symptoms as before and no more antibodies. 1 In hospital.. (They r from 2 different places that insisted everything go back to normal....)
I just hope that all the people who got tested positive are still positive for other people's sake!
Thanks for listening and have a good day and please have these 2 people in mind who need a big refuah!

Wow. You mind sharing the locations of these 2 people?
Refuah sheleima.

provent

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:55 am
I know someone like this in Boro Park , but the person was in chemotherapy so it’s very possible the chemo wiped out the anti bodies

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:01 am
I have heard this from different sources.
They have NO IDEA if people can get it a second time.
THEY HAVE NO IDEA if antibodies (or what level of antibody) gives ANY protection or immunity.

Just because you "all had it" doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to wear the masks!!! Stop trying to encourage people to stop SD! Just because idiots took to the street without masks and were too close together doesn't mean YOU SHOULD! You might all get it again and CV reflood the hospitals, ICUs and morgues...

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:02 am
Well, we do know we shouldn’t be relying on antibodies... so no surprise here 🤷‍♀️

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:15 am
I have heard from a dr and read studies that ppl cannot spread the virus after the first two weeks (or less) of contracting it, even if they have no antibodies or still test positive for the virus.

So yes, if you’re high risk or afraid of catching the virus for yourself for other reasons, it’s best to continue to sd and wear masks, even if you’ve already had it. But you don’t need to worry about infecting others anymore.
Which makes a huge difference to many people.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:18 am
But, but, what about herd immunity? Banging head Banging head Banging head

/sarcasm font

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:31 am
In my town there is a frum doctor telling people "it's just a cold. No big deal. No need for masks. No need for social distancing." He already had coronavirus that he caught from another family member who also believed the "it's just a cold" craziness. Then says, "Well, we also have the antibodies, so no big deal."
It's mind boggling, really. And people are listening to this goofball, including MANY members of my own family (immediate and extended) and my friends' families. (I'm not listening to him..I think he's nuts.)
I don't understand how people can follow this guy or how he can be giving people such awful advice. It makes me so mad! He's a DOCTOR!!!!!!! Shouldn't he be keeping people safe???????

pizzapie

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:36 am
And this is why there is not a doctor in the city where I live who is testing for antibodies. The only thing to be gained from having a positive antibody test is a false sense of security.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:46 am
pizzapie wrote:
And this is why there is not a doctor in the city where I live who is testing for antibodies. The only thing to be gained from having a positive antibody test is a false sense of security.

When I asked for the test at my kupa, I was told that I'd have to travel all the way to Jerusalem (an hour commute) to get the test. Then I was told not to bother, because the tests are inaccurate and don't mean anything anyway.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. It's the only thing we have control over.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:50 am
pizzapie wrote:

This. I asked pediatrician to have my child (who is high risk tested) she asked why? Saying we will still need to keep all precautions regardless. The reason I wanted to know was really for ‘closure’. I just wanted to know if potentially what she had in March was Covid, she was really sick but bh didn’t need hospitalization & we didn’t test her.

P.s. antibodies were negative.
Oh, and I had asked ID if we can assume my child had Covid bec my husband was sick & has antibodies & the answer was NO! Even though it passes easily between household contacts, she may have not gotten it. She said they don’t know how accurate the assays are and how protective or how long the antibodies last.

Eta she ended up being tested in 2 major hospitals with one hospital sending out to 2 labs for confirmation. Both were negative! In any case, we know it wouldn’t mean anything in the long run.

Last edited by Sunny Days on Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 3:50 am
I was tested and I do have antibodies. In my case, I asked my doctor if I could see my grandchildren and he said yes. I trust this doctor. But for anyone else I am practicing social distancing and wearing masks and gloves in the store etc.

esuss

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Were these 2 people tested for the nose COVID swab to see if they actually do have it a second time?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:47 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I have heard from a dr and read studies that ppl cannot spread the virus after the first two weeks (or less) of contracting it, even if they have no antibodies or still test positive for the virus.

So yes, if you’re high risk or afraid of catching the virus for yourself for other reasons, it’s best to continue to sd and wear masks, even if you’ve already had it. But you don’t need to worry about infecting others anymore.

You mean even if they can catch it a second time they can't spread it a second time?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:48 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I was tested and I do have antibodies. In my case, I asked my doctor if I could see my grandchildren and he said yes. I trust this doctor. But for anyone else I am practicing social distancing and wearing masks and gloves in the store etc.

There may be something to short term immunity.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:48 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I asked for the test at my kupa, I was told that I'd have to travel all the way to Jerusalem (an hour commute) to get the test. Then I was told not to bother, because the tests are inaccurate and don't mean anything anyway.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. It's the only thing we have control over.

My husband got the test to the door and we live in RBS.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I heard that a group of nurses sent in several unused coronavirus tests and all of them came back positive so there is definitely something wrong with the tests.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:10 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:

What does any of this have to do with the subject of antibodies “wearing off”?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:15 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I heard that a group of nurses sent in several unused coronavirus tests and all of them came back positive so there is definitely something wrong with the tests.

I know people that had babies they all came back positive to corona they went to a different place and all are negative!! The tests are not accurate!!

Were these people tested again that claim to have the symptoms? I know people that had symptoms and was change of weather allergies they were negative! People that are getting the virus now it’s less severe then it was in April.

frum_lady

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:17 am
How can this all be true when there is NO more cases in Wuhan - everyone there started getting it in December - and they are not all locked in there houses at this point. So having antibodies obviously means immunity - for longer than 2-3 months. While I don’t believe the Chinese gov - at this point the US is keeping track of what’s not going on there.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics