Home

What should be the TOP priority for the President?
  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Poll

What should be the TOP priority for the President?
Protecting people in the US from coronavirus
 72%  [ 44 ]
Protecting US soldiers serving in danger zones
 14%  [ 9 ]
Protecting confederate statues
 13%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 61


Jeanette




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:32 am
Priorities, people!
Back to top

Ora in town




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:44 am
The top priority for the president should be to serve his people, to keep his people safe and out of harm's way, to keep the country safe.

What a president should not do is value his own egoist benefit (e.g. campaign rallies) higher than public health.
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:44 am
Removing social distancing stickers from seats at his rallies.
Back to top

monkeymamma




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:46 am
Jeanette wrote:
Priorities, people!

That is a very black and white poll. I am not sure about the confederate flag but can the president do more than one thing at a time (I.e. protecting the U.S from coronavirus as well as protecting soldiers at the same time)? And how do you suggest he protect the entire U.S. from coronavirus if governors say that its their responsibility to decide how to deal with coronavirus?
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:09 am
Just for comparison sake, for the “he’s so good for Israel!” crowd.

Let’s say reports came out that Russia was paying a bounty to terrorists for killing Israeli soldiers, and Trump did nothing. Would you be cool with that?

And, speaking of coronavirus, as a Jew you are much safer in places where Trump is NOT the president. Fewer Jews died in Israel than in New York. So much for Trump being “good for the Jews.”
Back to top

monkeymamma




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:37 am
Jeanette wrote:
Just for comparison sake, for the “he’s so good for Israel!” crowd.

Let’s say reports came out that Russia was paying a bounty to terrorists for killing Israeli soldiers, and Trump did nothing. Would you be cool with that?

And, speaking of coronavirus, as a Jew you are much safer in places where Trump is NOT the president. Fewer Jews died in Israel than in New York. So much for Trump being “good for the Jews.”

Regarding the boded, Deblasio refused to shut down the public schools, cuomo refused to shut down NY or the trains so not sure how you can blame Trump for that.

And its questionable whether Jews are disproportionately affected by coronavirus considering that there are no statistics on Jews (who are only listed as "white" and therefore are told that they are not disproportionately affected) But even more so, the NEON summer program for teenagers https://www1.nyc.gov/site/neon.....emic. specifically excludes predominately Jewish neighborhoods so even deblasio admits that Jews were not disproportionately affected by coronavirus.

But Israel doesnt have the protests/riots, fireworks, or shootings that NY has so perhaps Israel is better for Jews. And yet again, its the local govt I.e deblasio, cuomo, letitia james, etc who are refusing to do anything about it so you cant blame Trump for this either.


Last edited by monkeymamma on Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

servewithjoy




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:40 am
I would truly hope the "good for Israel" crowd includes all the Jews here.

I greatly admire how Israel handled the outbreak while understanding its not apples to apples to compare a country the size of one of the small US states that can lock down its borders and has more centralized control over its population versus a huge country of many states that by necessity and constitution has their own local laws (which is as it should be).

TOP priority according to the founders would be protecting our citizens and restoring law and order.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:52 am
servewithjoy wrote:
I would truly hope the "good for Israel" crowd includes all the Jews here.

I greatly admire how Israel handled the outbreak while understanding its not apples to apples to compare a country the size of one of the small US states that can lock down its borders and has more centralized control over its population versus a huge country of many states that by necessity and constitution has their own local laws (which is as it should be).

TOP priority according to the founders would be protecting our citizens and restoring law and order.


Every single one of us wants what is truly good for Israel and for the Jewish people world over.

Having a president as venal, uninformed and corrupt as Trump in charge isn’t good for any of us. Not good for Israel, not good for Jews anywhere. All of us are in the “good for Israel” crowd. Not so many in the “He’s good for Israel” crowd.

If Trump had taken the virus half as seriously as Netanyahu did in the early days there would have been far fewer Jewish deaths. Instead he mocked, ignored and downplayed the threat, which he continues to do until this day. The US is doing worse than any other developed country by any measure.


But thanks for explaining why protecting confederate monuments (“law and order!”) takes priority over dealing with the pandemic or protecting US troops in danger zones.
Back to top

IMHopinion




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:00 am
He can make all 3 of these his top priority at once.
It’s not one or all, they’re all important.


And yes, as stated above, Coronavirus protection belongs more to the state and city level.
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:17 am
An executive order requiring hot kugel for guests.
Back to top

monkeymamma




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:21 am
imasoftov wrote:
An executive order requiring hot kugel for guests.

What if your guests prefer cold lukshen kugel?
Back to top

exaustedmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:24 am
A poll of my own

What should be the democrats top priority

1) law and order. Keep citizens safe
2)change national anthem
3) paint black lives matter on every street
4) establish more autonomous zones
5) defund the police
6) close parks and playgrounds
7) bankrupt small businesses
8)rename streets, tear down statues
9) burn down stores
10) cancel everyone until there is no one left to cancel
Back to top

monkeymamma




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:29 am
Jeanette wrote:
Every single one of us wants what is truly good for Israel and for the Jewish people world over.

Having a president as venal, uninformed and corrupt as Trump in charge isn’t good for any of us. Not good for Israel, not good for Jews anywhere. All of us are in the “good for Israel” crowd. Not so many in the “He’s good for Israel” crowd.

If Trump had taken the virus half as seriously as Netanyahu did in the early days there would have been far fewer Jewish deaths. Instead he mocked, ignored and downplayed the threat, which he continues to do until this day. The US is doing worse than any other developed country by any measure.


But thanks for explaining why protecting confederate monuments (“law and order!”) takes priority over dealing with the pandemic or protecting US troops in danger zones.

The bolded is your opinion that many people disagree with. And you still havent addressed how you think Trump should handle the virus on a nationwide level when the state governors say that its within their jurisdiction to determine how to handle it.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:32 am
exaustedmom wrote:
A poll of my own

What should be the democrats top priority

1) law and order. Keep citizens safe
2)change national anthem
3) paint black lives matter on every street
4) establish more autonomous zones
5) defund the police
6) close parks and playgrounds
7) bankrupt small businesses
8)rename streets, tear down statues
9) burn down stores
10) cancel everyone until there is no one left to cancel


You do realize that there’s a difference between what any individual Democrat says and what a Democratic administration prioritizes.

(Actually I’m not so sure that you do realize.)

Trump isn’t some random person spouting nonsense. He’s the president. What he prioritizes is where the government devotes its resources. He cares about protecting confederate monuments, so confederate monuments will be protected. He cares less about protecting US soldiers from the Taliban or US citizens from coronavirus, so they don’t get protected.
Back to top

Sebastian




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:40 am
You realize the president in the us doesn't have the authority to shut the country down the way the pm on Israel does right?

States rights and all that. A huge chunk of the us corona deaths are due to Cuomo and deblasio s incompetence.

I think Trump could've handled the virus better but he didn't handle it badly
Back to top

exaustedmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:42 am
Jeanette wrote:
You do realize that there’s a difference between what any individual Democrat says and what a Democratic administration prioritizes.

(Actually I’m not so sure that you do realize.)

Trump isn’t some random person spouting nonsense. He’s the president. What he prioritizes is where the government devotes its resources. He cares about protecting confederate monuments, so confederate monuments will be protected. He cares less about protecting US soldiers from the Taliban or US citizens from coronavirus, so they don’t get protected.


Please, stop with the melodrama. Trump cares and tried his best with a crisis that the whole world struggled with. Sometimes im happy with the outcome of an election and sometimes not. But never have I ever disrespected the presidential office or spewed such vitriol that you liberals are doing now.

Fact- Trump is our democratically elected president until the next election.
Back to top

smile12345




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:43 am
monkeymamma wrote:
The bolded is your opinion that many people disagree with. And you still havent addressed how you think Trump should handle the virus on a nationwide level when the state governors say that its within their jurisdiction to determine how to handle it.


Handling on a national level could have definitely been done somewhat, but let's leave that aside for now. How about just modelling behavior for the rest of the country how to behave during a pandemic?

For example, as a poster mentioned above, do you think it's okay that he instructed his team to remove the social distancing stickers that had been especially placed on every second seat by the BOK center management as per the safety guidelines that had been put in place for the event? Are you okay with the fact that campaign staffers were allowed to attend the event even though the colleagues that had been working closely with tested positive?

Whatever your view on Trump is, you have to admit that he doesn't care about people catching coronavirus. He's mentioned repeatedly that we've finished fighting against it even though cases are risng in many states. It's just not part of his agenda anymore.


Last edited by smile12345 on Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:45 am
We're lucky, because Sean Hannity literally asked the president this question last week. If reelected, what are your top priorities?



Our President "Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know, the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I've always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It’s a very important meaning. I never did this before—I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington I think 17 times, all of the sudden, I'm the president of the United States. You know the story, I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our First Lady and I say, 'This is great.' But I didn't know very many people in Washington, it wasn't my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody. And I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, like you know an idiot like Bolton, all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people."


So I think that clears it up.
Back to top

smile12345




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:50 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Please, stop with the melodrama. Trump cares and tried his best with a crisis that the whole world struggled with. Sometimes im happy with the outcome of an election and sometimes not. But never have I ever disrespected the presidential office or spewed such vitriol that you liberals are doing now.

Fact- Trump is our democratically elected president until the next election.


It's not called spewing vitriol or disrespect to disagree with something the president does. We live in a democracy, we don't have to be an echo chamber cheering on very action.

You wrote 'struggled with' in the past tence. NY may be over the hump, but for many other states the crisis is now. Please explain to me what Trump is currently doing to deal with the coronavirus crisis?
Back to top

IMHopinion




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:50 am
simcha2 wrote:
We're lucky, because Sean Hannity literally asked the president this question last week. If reelected, what are your top priorities?



Our President "Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know, the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I've always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It’s a very important meaning. I never did this before—I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington I think 17 times, all of the sudden, I'm the president of the United States. You know the story, I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our First Lady and I say, 'This is great.' But I didn't know very many people in Washington, it wasn't my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody. And I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, like you know an idiot like Bolton, all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people."


So I think that clears it up.


No.
This is an answer from someone who must answer parve otherwise he’ll be attacked and held accountable by the liberals for whatever truth he’ll say.
Back to top
  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Top NY Times editor spills all
by Cheiny
56 Today at 4:42 pm View last post
by Fox
Is Kanye West going to be our 46 president? 27 Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:50 am View last post
ISO swim top and terry robe for 6 yo boy
by amother
11 Tue, Jul 07 2020, 5:08 pm View last post
My challah never browns on top! 24 Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:30 am View last post
Will my glass top stove ever be really clean?
by amother
10 Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:56 pm View last post

Jump to: