Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Courses, categories, collections

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:42 am
This might not belong here, but I put it here anyway. I have a recipe app that allows you to label the recipes under courses, categories, and collections. It’s easy to figure out what courses and categories mean, especially since it game a list of each. Collections is new and nothing is listed. I’m stumped to figure out what it means. Someone said maybe breakfast, lunch, dinner, but that would go under courses, kind of. Any ideas what it means? I checked everywhere and can’t find anything. Thanks

lk1234

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:29 pm
Maybe like collection for chanuka, thanksgiving, pesach ,July 4th. Collection is for recipes grouped together based on a holiday or special occasion?

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:33 pm
lk1234 wrote:
Maybe like collection for chanuka, thanksgiving, pesach ,July 4th. Collection is for recipes grouped together based on a holiday or special occasion?

That's what I would think. Or maybe just different ways of tagging them.

Light lunches. Picky eaters. Vegitairain. Allergy friendly. Etc.

challahchallah

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:44 pm
I agree with the previous suggestions. It could also be used for recipe source like recipes from bubbie or great aunt Miriam or whatever.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:50 pm
Can you have recipes part of more than one collection. I have a recipe app and it has the ability to categorize recipes in different ways. Mine does it through using keywords so I can search by keywords and a recipe can have multiple keywords so show up in different searches.

Typically collection would mean pertaining to how different recipes are served. Like holidays so you could have veggie Pesach recipes and chicken Pesach recipes which are all part of the same collection. But you could also do it in terms of how you think of recipes eg recipes that freeze well or bbq recipes or potchke recipes. 😂
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics