Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Help for dry falafel balls

agreer

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 2:17 pm
1. Does anyone have the ami magazine's recipe for falafel balls from about 2 years ago?

2. In lieu of that... I tried making falafel balls last week. They were pretty tasty but just a bit too dry... I fried them. Is there anything to do to make them moist?

Tia.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 2:51 pm
You can add more water to the mix, just a little bit at a time, and let them sit for an hour to absorb all the liquid.

Make your techina sauce a little bit thinner than usual, and have the felafel "swim" in it after it's fried. Don't be tempted to bake felafel, it will come out horrible. BTDT. (You can use a toaster oven to reheat them later on though, so go ahead and make a double batch for the freezer.)

I make a felafel salad with lots of tomatoes, onions, and cucumber, and all the other fixings. Toss in a bowl, and smother with techina sauce. Make baked garlic pita chips to serve on the side.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:03 pm
This recipe has been great. Only change is I shape them and then freeze for a few minutes b4 frying-otherwise they fall apart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics