Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Yehuda Goldstein fans, did you read this yet??

raich

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:08 pm
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13626349/1/

raich

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:09 pm
She also posted these which are fantastic, but old so you may have read them:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1.....h-Bet

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1.....salem

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:07 am
Great writing style and super clever glossaries but WHOA sometimes she comes across as bitter. If she (or shoshanna, the protagonist) so dislikes the insular lifestyle, why not pursue a slightly broader Orthodox lifestyle rather than make snarky comments about Judaism and making Gd a scapegoat for what is only cultural Jewish insularity and not Judaism? I felt like I was reading a lightly veiled version of all these Unorthodox-type books, and that made me so sad, especially since the Goldstein story is not that at all and I went into this fic thinking the author would continue endorsing those values.

(Edited to add: I am not insular myself, and read oooodles of fic that are far less... tame... than stuff like this - but when I see yiddishkeit being twisted this way I just have to speak up.)

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:52 am
I just want the original updated Sad After seeing Cerise's comment I'm not sure I want to check them out. I'd love a sequel with Rabbi Zelcer's daughter but it needs to be by Laazov.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:55 am
I see now she got permission from Laazov...I guess I'll give it a try. I had no clue Rose Zelcer was mentioned in the original HP series. That's really faccinating.

raich

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:00 pm
I have only read the first 1.5 chapters of the new one so far, but I can speak for the other two fanfic stories KS wrote and I didn't find her bitter or anti-frumkeit at all, and enjoyed them a whole lot.

LovesHashem, Rose Zeller was mentioned in book 5 where she was sorted into Hufflepuff.

Beautiful

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:19 pm
Seems like there's one more ff along these lines by a RangerDov, does anyone know what that is?

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 5:32 pm
Trash is an american word. Looks odd in an english context. Use rubbish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room