Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you're bored - an experiment

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:18 pm
Here’s an interesting activity which will possibly show something about how the brain works. Also if you have a primary or first grader you will have new sympathy for them.

We’re going to write using our non-dominant hand. (In other words, rightys will use their left while leftys will use their right.) I think I saw somewhere that this is a good exercise for your brain.

For this purpose I recommend printing https://www.websudoku.com/?level=1 . Press print and then choose LARGE.

Get settled somewhere comfortable.

NOW, find an activity to do with your dominant hand (right for rightys, left for leftys).

Examples: stroke a pet or child if you can find one that will sit still. Rock a baby carriage. My pet vice: after shower I like to sit in bed and finger comb my hair. It's very relaxing! So while I do that I either read or do sudoku. So of course at some point I need to use my right hand for my hair and end up doing sudoku with my left.

Please post if you notice anything interesting about your ability to write with your non-dominant hand as you engage your dominant hand. Please put your findings in a “SPOILER” box so others don’t see your results before they try it themselves. (SPOILER is the box next to QUOTE up on your menu. If you need more instructions I will do a tutorial bli neder)

(If you have studied the brain, maybe you know the answer already! Possibly there are experiments out there. This is just something I noticed and am curious what others find.)

(I will post what I noticed after a few people reply. Maybe I'll even create a poll)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics