Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Doona vent
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Radish

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:14 am
The comments go both ways as seen from this thread. If u get it everyone will make sure to tell me that "it's a car seat not a stroller make sure not to overuse it. Which stroller did you get in addition to it blah blah blah"

if I don't get it same thing in other direction "it's the best thing you should get it"

Whatever you do there will be comments so live your life with comebacks. That's the most important thing lol.

giselle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Curious how old your peer group is. I was referring to girls my age (19-24.) I'd assume the older you get the less people talk/care about all these types of things. (I'm not calling you old!)

So glad I’m not in that age group. And when I was, my friends were not like that. (I guess that’s why they’re still my friends!) Even “in town”.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:39 am
I didn't get a Doona for my last kid even though I think they are super cool, because I realized it wasn't practical for me. I think it's really practical for people who use car services. (Do maybe Chassidish ladies). But I drive a mini van. My maxi Cosi is much lighter and can snap on to the top (where a toddler normally sits) of a shopping cart. And the snap and go fits easily a the leg room of the seat where the car seat is If the baby falls asleep in the car I can easily carry him into the house because it's so light. Wheeling would be so bumpy. Sometimes people all me why I didn't get a Doona, but it's mostly or if curiosity. I don't feel it's judgy. But I am old. Wink 34.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:09 am
Op I honestly dont know why people care what you have. I actually think they dont, and you are just feeling insecure. If someone wants to judge u by your stroller, let them be....Who cares?!?!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:19 am
I live in lakewood and I don’t think I ever thought two seconds about what car seat someone is using when they walk into a store...just be confident with whatever you have an don’t worry about What people think.

I love lakewood cuz it’s so big and 99% of the time when I’m shopping I’m anonymous.. Cool

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:07 am
pause wrote:
I wonder if you'd had to pay the $400 if you'd also love it as much. Personally, I love anything I get as a gift because it's free! But to invest that much money in a car seat because it happens to be a stroller, and not a very good one at that, really does not in any way make sense to me if you factor out the herd mentality.

I paid $500 actually and it was the best purchase ever. But then I got it over 3 years ago and it was for practical reasons not because it was in-style - I was literally one of the first. I have back problems and was looking for something one step.
Also if you fly with a baby it’s really convenient.

top mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:13 am
I totally get people who use the Doona as a car seat/stroller combo, but it's the ones without a car who leave me Scratching Head
There is no benefit there.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:42 am
top mom wrote:
I totally get people who use the Doona as a car seat/stroller combo, but it's the ones without a car who leave me Scratching Head

For those that do t have a car- it’s incredibly useful for taxis.

top mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:50 am
SuperWify wrote:
For those that do t have a car- it’s incredibly useful for taxis.

No taxis either
95 percent usage is instead of a regular stroller
It somehow became THE carriage you must have

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:59 am
Deleted

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:07 am
top mom wrote:
No taxis either
95 percent usage is instead of a regular stroller
It somehow became THE carriage you must have

So maybe I should start a spin-off, but if I plan to get a doona, I shouldn’t get another carriage with a bassinet? I thought this was in addition to a regular carriage. I don’t see people taking walks with a doona...

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:43 am
I also didnt get a doona with my last baby, my aunt even offered me one for free and was shocked when I turned it down. I need to fit 3 car seats in the middle row of my car, and the doona is way too big for that. The lack of storage space was also a biggie, any time I am out I am likely to stop for one thing or another. And I had a c section, no way I could lift that thing. Dont regret it for a second, it is just not practical for me, despite people saying it's the best thing, and friends getting it. You do you, always.

pause

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:44 am
SuperWify wrote:
I paid $500 actually and it was the best purchase ever. But then I got it over 3 years ago and it was for practical reasons not because it was in-style - I was literally one of the first. I have back problems and was looking for something one step.
Also if you fly with a baby it’s really convenient.

I get you because I got a Bugaboo Bee before everyone had to have one, and I loved it. It had great features, and lasted a long time - I used it for 4 kids!!! When the newer version of it came it, I didn't understand what everyone loved about it because the features weren't as good anymore, but by then the craze had hit, and people had no choice but to love it...

And I also get why a Doona is convenient for flying. Even though I never had an issue stowing the snap'n'go...

Still, most people aren't getting it for flying or because they genuinely love it. They love it because they have something that everyone has, something that proves their status (and almost their worthiness as a human).

pause

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:46 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
So maybe I should start a spin-off, but if I plan to get a doona, I shouldn’t get another carriage with a bassinet? I thought this was in addition to a regular carriage. I don’t see people taking walks with a doona...

Of course they do! Where I live everyone is out shopping and on the street with a Doona.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:51 am
pause wrote:
Of course they do! Where I live everyone is out shopping and on the street with a Doona.

Everyone here has these funky carriages.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:59 am
Just reply with "it's a terrible stroller and a mediocre car seat at best. Why would I get it??" Shuts them right up every time.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not saying I wouldn't' love it if I had gotten it. Just that when comparing, it just didn't make sense for me. It's just so frustrating that you are considered the biggest 'nerd' if you do not have one and every practically turns and stares when you walk by with your Graco/maxi cosi/Nuna etc.

Just here to say I get you. I live in willi and the amount of comments I get about not going to the country is grating and hurtful.
"Whattt you're not going to the country??"
A. Are you offering to sponsor it for us, since we can't afford it? B. It doesn't work for our family for a whole bunch of reasons, none of which I'm about to list for you
So I smile and nod and say no, we're not going, have fun upstate.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:05 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

LOL LOL go visit Williamsburg. The amount of doona's on the street makes no sense. People get it as a main stroller.
Some of my neighbors here in Monsey use a doona as s regular stroller, they don't have a different stroller.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:09 am
top mom wrote:

It’s even better in an Uber. No folding and opening trunks. No waiting awkwardly with baby in hand. Best thing ever. Made me independent.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:12 am
pause wrote:
I get you because I got a Bugaboo Bee before everyone had to have one, and I loved it. It had great features, and lasted a long time - I used it for 4 kids!!! When the newer version of it came it, I didn't understand what everyone loved about it because the features weren't as good anymore, but by then the craze had hit, and people had no choice but to love it...

And I also get why a Doona is convenient for flying. Even though I never had an issue stowing the snap'n'go...

Still, most people aren't getting it for flying or because they genuinely love it. They love it because they have something that everyone has, something that proves their status (and almost their worthiness as a human).

The amazingness of Walking off a plane with it and not have to wait for my stroller with tired kvetch kids... ahhhh. Was worth it for that alone
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics