Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Doona vent
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

top mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:18 am
pause wrote:
Of course they do! Where I live everyone is out shopping and on the street with a Doona.

Pause, it looks like you're the only one who gets what type of people I'm talking about.
They get the Doona as their only carriage option, used for walking down the avenue, into the grocery, around the block....
No problem, but personally would choose differently.
I would only get it as a second or third option

pause

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:35 am
Zehava wrote:
The amazingness of Walking off a plane with it and not have to wait for my stroller with tired kvetch kids... ahhhh. Was worth it for that alone

I don't fly all that often but I've never had to wait for my stroller. It was always waiting for me right there at the exit as we disembarked. If I would be flying myself, I understand the convenience of a Doona, but with my DH holding the infant seat and me unfolding the Snap'n'Go, it took less than 30 seconds for us to continue down the Jetway.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Someone gave me their old doona, and I'm so happy I didn't purchase it with my own money. It's so heavy. I don't know how people manage with it!
I prefer a snap n go - the car seat is much lighter than the whole doona stroller.

Theres a reason theres wheels. Your not supposed to carry it around.

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:46 am
I live in Lakewood and never felt that pressure to have a doona. Not sure why people say and act in such silly ways. But I happen to have bought one for my last because I got it for like 350 and figured I can sell in a year when I'm done for the same 350. But Def didn't buy it for social pressure. (I borrowed for the first 6 months and found it convinent I guess)

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:56 am
4 pages discussing a doona! Love it!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:58 am
Bottom line is, should I get the doona??

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:05 am
pause wrote:
I don't fly all that often but I've never had to wait for my stroller. It was always waiting for me right there at the exit as we disembarked. If I would be flying myself, I understand the convenience of a Doona, but with my DH holding the infant seat and me unfolding the Snap'n'Go, it took less than 30 seconds for us to continue down the Jetway.

Never ever happened to me. We always had to wait until literally everyone disembarked.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Bottom line is, should I get the doona??

As a car seat for convenient travel? Yes. As a stroller for walking, so you’re in style? No

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:08 am
Zehava wrote:
As a car seat for convenient travel? Yes. As a stroller for walking, so you’re in style? No

Yes as a car seat.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:10 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Yes as a car seat.

I can only tell you that for me it was a life changer for car and plane travel.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:28 am
Didnt read the whole thread. But just gonna say. A very close relative pitched into getting a doona for my first. And guess what? I hate it. My child was always extra hot in it, seemed to never be comfortable demension wise (stopped way before a year) and I found myself preferring an older hand me down stroller. And now- that I have more than one little one- I really find it to be a waste cause I cant turn it into a double. Oh and it cant really handle difficult roads or weather. Basically it might have been trendy but id rather get stares than use something with more cons than pros in my personal experience.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:34 am
I live in Lakewood, and I have the Uppababy Mesa carseat that snaps into the Vista/Cruz base. Best decision ever. The carseat is lightweight and sleek and easily fits in to a shopping cart. When I dropped my baby off at the babysitter for the first few months I was able to easily carry him in with one hand. If I did need the base (doctor appointment etc) I just put my carriage base into my trunk and the carseat snaps right in. I am so happy that I got a good quality inexpensive carseat that is super convenient. I just don't get the doona hype and I feel terrible for all the moms in the grocery pushing the shopping cart with one hand and the doona with the other.
I have to explain myself to everyone I meet. It's sad.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Didnt read the whole thread. But just gonna say. A very close relative pitched into getting a doona for my first. And guess what? I hate it. My child was always extra hot in it, seemed to never be comfortable demension wise (stopped way before a year) and I found myself preferring an older hand me down stroller. And now- that I have more than one little one- I really find it to be a waste cause I cant turn it into a double. Oh and it cant really handle difficult roads or weather. Basically it might have been trendy but id rather get stares than use something with more cons than pros in my personal experience.

So most of your cons are because you used it as a stroller.
As for heat, I always get an anti-sweat insert otherwise my babies sweat buckets in any car seat.
And as for size, I guess it depends on the kid. Mine fit until he was two.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

It's a carseat. Not a stroller.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:40 am
Zehava wrote:
As for heat, I always get an anti-sweat insert otherwise my babies sweat buckets in any car seat.

Your child fit into a doona till 2?? Most 6/8 month old babies look overgrown in it with their feet sticking out awkwardly. Is your baby very small?

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:49 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Your child fit into a doona till 2?? Most 6/8 month old babies look overgrown in it with their feet sticking out awkwardly. Is your baby very small?

All of my babies are on the small side. I also think the newer versions are narrower. His feet stuck out Ofcourse but not awkwardly he was very comfortable. I also used it a lot when he was a toddler and sick just to push him around the house.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:52 am
Zehava wrote:
I can only tell you that for me it was a life changer for car and plane travel.

For air travel it is only useful if you pay for an extra seat for the car seat. Otherwise it is useless as a regular carriage. For that money, I would buy the teeny tiny yoyo which wheels down airplane aisles like a pro.

My biggest issue with it is that it is a car seat. But because it is so expensive people buy it and then use it as a stroller. It is not safe for babies to sit in car seats for extended periods of time. Or to sleep in them for hours on end. WHich I see so many people doing with the doona.

On top of the expense, it is also super duper heavy. So yes it has the feature of the wheels being right there but honestly just to save on the heaviness I would (and did previously) get a snap n go or something like the britax /city mini with a car seat attachment. Same price and you get a great stroller when you're done with the car seat.

It became a trend buy over buying it for its actual benefits. Which are not that many tbh.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:59 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
For air travel it is only useful if you pay for an extra seat for the car seat. Otherwise it is useless as a regular carriage. For that money, I would buy the teeny tiny yoyo which wheels down airplane aisles like a pro.

My biggest issue with it is that it is a car seat. But because it is so expensive people buy it and then use it as a stroller. It is not safe for babies to sit in car seats for extended periods of time. Or to sleep in them for hours on end. WHich I see so many people doing with the doona.

On top of the expense, it is also super duper heavy. So yes it has the feature of the wheels being right there but honestly just to save on the heaviness I would (and did previously) get a snap n go or something like the britax /city mini with a car seat attachment. Same price and you get a great stroller when you're done with the car seat.

It became a trend buy over buying it for its actual benefits. Which are not that many tbh.

So yeah. I did buy a seat. My babies never slept well in bassinets and I’d have to remove it before landing just when they fell asleep.
Snap n go is NOT a great stroller. It’s a huge shlep to push around. I don’t know about the britax or whatever.
And I agree it shouldn’t be used as a stroller. At some point babies want to see the world and don’t want to be reclined.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
4 pages discussing a doona! Love it!

Actually, the point of this thread was not discussing the Doona per se. It was more to vent about how not getting something that 'everyone' else has and the comments people make because of it etc.
How ridiculous fads are.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:16 am
Zehava wrote:

Where do you get an anti-sweat insert??
I need one!!
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics