Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Doona vent
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:17 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Where do you get an anti-sweat insert??
I need one!!

Amazon

tichellady

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:21 am
It’s bizarre that people care so much about what stroller you have. I would just try to laugh when people ask about it and say “ why do you care so much?”.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I BH just had my fourth baby. and I DID NOT buy a Doona now that I needed a new infant car seat for this new baby.

I'm just getting so frustrated by all the comments I'm getting. I live in lakewood, where you MUST have a Doona. I loved my maxi cosi that I had with my 3 other babies.

After weighing the one pro against all the cons, I did not buy the Doona and don't regret it for a minute.

The problem is that everyone feels the need to remark to me 'you didnt' buy the doona?? you'll regret it for the rest of baby's first year. what do you mean its not something you feel you needed? What?? it was the best think I ever did! can't believe you didn't get it. and on and on.

I get so upset! it wasn't even really a monetary decision (though I def save myself a few bucks). Just because EVERYONE has something-does not mean its the be all and end all!!

one of my friends even told me 'well, I couldn't either afford it but I worked it out. you make it work because you can't live without it'.

It just makes me so uncomfortable especially being that I'm not the most self-confident person.

End of vent...

I had the Donna, in Monsey, I had borrowed it.
I don’t think I would get it again.
You won’t regret it, no worries!

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:24 am
tichellady wrote:
It’s bizarre that people care so much about what stroller you have. I would just try to laugh when people ask about it and say “ why do you care so much?”.

It's not bizarre, it's awfully sad. It's sad that someone pushing a snap n go gets stared down as if she's from mars. It's sad that others "feel bad" for those that don't have a doona. It's sad that people feel a need to break the bank or borrow money for a trend. Just sad.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:30 am
Zehava wrote:
Amazon

Can you post a link? I cant find for my babys convertible car seat

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:43 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Can you post a link? I cant find for my babys convertible car seat

Something similar to this
Lebogner 3D Air Mesh Cool Baby Seat Liner for Strollers, Car Seats, Jogger, Bouncer and More, Thick Cushion Seat Pad Protector, Supports Newborns, Infants, and Toddlers, Installs Quick and Easy, Grey https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....2a051

4g01o

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:43 am
SuperWify wrote:
I paid $500 actually and it was the best purchase ever. But then I got it over 3 years ago and it was for practical reasons not because it was in-style - I was literally one of the first. I have back problems and was looking for something one step.
Also if you fly with a baby it’s really convenient.

I thought I was one of the 1st over 4 years ago Wink I loved it but I would never put down d someone for not having one. There are personal preferences to everything out there. OP try to ignore the comments and be proud that you're not being a sheep that has to follow everyone and buy everything everyone else seems to have. Mazel tov on your new baby Smile

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:44 am
Omg I can relate!! I live in a super snowy city where the doona makes no sense. All the snow goes from the doona onto the seat of the car or into my house as opposed to a snap and go where the snow stays in the trunk. I happily bought a nuna pipa lx which isn’t even much cheaper than the doona I just thought it was so much more practical. The comments I get are ridiculous!! I have one friend with the doona who quietly admitted to me “it’s not really practical with the snow...” Ya think?!

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:45 am
Zehava wrote:
I can only tell you that for me it was a life changer for car and plane travel.
For me too.
I can't believe I have to feel defensive about enjoying a Doona and thinking it's the greatest invention ever.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:48 am
ShishKabob wrote:
For me too.
I can't believe I have to feel defensive about enjoying a Doona and thinking it's the greatest invention ever.

Just because so many weirdos buy it JUST to keep up with the styles. Imamother is weird.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:49 am
ShishKabob wrote:
For me too.

No one needs to feel defensive. It's a great invention and very convenient for travel and those in and out of the car.
But no one should be staring, commenting, or mocking, those that don't have a doona.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:52 am
Blessing1 wrote:
No one needs to feel defensive. It's a great invention and very convenient for travel and those in and out of the car.
But no one should be staring, commenting, or mocking, those that don't have a doona.
Of course not! I'm still in denial about the fact that ppl look down at you for not having a Doona.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:53 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Of course not! I'm still in denial about the fact that ppl look down at you for not having a Doona.

Because you have a doona so this issue doesn't apply to you.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:57 am
ShishKabob wrote:

Me too

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I have the Doona and hate it.

Me too. Everyone told me I’d regret not getting it because it’s so amazing and the mi Rt didn’t make a difference so I got it. I hate it. It’s so heavy to lift into and out of the base in the car. And as I get stronger the baby will get heavier. If I wasn’t too lazy I’d sell it and get a car seat and snap n go.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm just getting so frustrated by all the comments I'm getting. I live in lakewood, where you MUST have a Doona. I loved my maxi cosi that I had with my 3 other babies.

amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Oh my!!
Bh that I don't live in Lakewood!!
I'm due soon and was also debating a about getting the doona. I decided to just stick with the (OMG how nerdy!!!) Snap n go!!
If anyone has a problem with it, tough luck!

I have no time or patience to read through this entire thread, so I don't know if this was addressed or not. But I don't think it was very nice or necessary to feed into the Lakewood stereotype and Lakewood bashing that is so prevalent here on imamother.
I live in a typical Lakewood development, and I rarely see a Doona around here. Here and there, yes. But I see the Snap n Go, Graco, etc, much more often.
Please stop trying to cut us all from the same cloth. Maybe it has less to do with "Lakewood" and more to do with the kind of circles you hang out in.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:30 pm
Right after I had my baby, I walked into a room full of friends who said, "How come you didn't get the Doona, it's so your type!"
Well, how about I can't afford it, and I was so happy to get an amazing second hand carriage donation.
Why do people feel free to ask these questions?
I was perfectly fine until then, but at the moment, I was reminded of our situation.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:50 pm
top mom wrote:
Pause, it looks like you're the only one who gets what type of people I'm talking about.
They get the Doona as their only carriage option, used for walking down the avenue, into the grocery, around the block....
No problem, but personally would choose differently.
I would only get it as a second or third option
wow that’s completely ridiculous. Everyone in Lakewood drives (most ladies) so no I never saw it.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:52 pm
Zehava wrote:
Never ever happened to me. We always had to wait until literally everyone disembarked.

Me too and I fly really often.

We bought a yo-yo now for this reason. Folds up tiny and stores in overhead compartment. Love it.

Petra

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 6:31 pm
Don't think I ever gave a second thought to which stroller we had. We didn't have too many options back in the day and I never thought to myself, "wish they made a nicer stroller". I would have been dumb-founded if someone questioned my stroller choice and said it out loud.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics