Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Google classroom Vs other online school tools

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:37 am
My child’s dayschool currently uses google classroom for the students/staff. There has been issues using it, as it is still not completely safe with children still being able to search for inappropriate content. The staff is working to fix this issue, but is not an easy process.

Are there any other online programs that other dayschool are successfully using? Would appreciate names, links...etc I could forward to my kids’ school administration to review.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My child’s dayschool currently uses google classroom for the students/staff. There has been issues using it, as it is still not completely safe with children still being able to search for inappropriate content. The staff is working to fix this issue, but is not an easy process.

Are there any other online programs that other dayschool are successfully using? Would appreciate names, links...etc I could forward to my kids’ school administration to review.

We used Google classroom. The laptop my kids used has a Nativ filter set to white listing, so there was no searching enabled. Nativ was able to white list gmail and google classroom.

Also, the school decided that work should be done on hard copies and submitted by uploading the pictures, rather than have the kids completing the work online. I think they just didn't want them attached to the computer more than necessary.
Uploads were a bit of a pain, but we found some good shortcuts.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:02 am
Google classroom is available as an app. You can use it on a device without the internet. My kids have ipads without internet and use GC no problem. If there are links to videos, kahn academy, that the teacher wants them to use, they have to copy the url into our family computer.

icebreaker

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:13 am
My kids school uses Zoom first, and now Google Classroom as well. My eldest daughter uses Blackboard in college.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics