Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best bassinet carriage
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seems cheaper to buy the bugaboo car seat and skip the doona. Do you know if the bassinet is safe for sleeping? Another poster mentioned about the uppa baby specifically being safe for sleeping.

Bugaboo carseat is cheaper than the doona.
I think the bugaboo bassinet is safe for sleeping, it comes with a regular bassinet mattress. Maybe ask the store about it.

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:36 pm
momlife wrote:
The fox can fold in one piece when it’s using the seat (not bassinet)

I don’t really take it places unless I’m specifically going somewhere to go walking.

The fox can fold with the bassinet as well btw, not that it folds too small but it folds...

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:43 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Bugaboo carseat is cheaper than the doona.
I think the bugaboo bassinet is safe for sleeping, it comes with a regular bassinet mattress. Maybe ask the store about it.

Yes the bassinet is safe for sleeping, that's one of the differences between the chameleon and fox, the chameleon's bassinet is smaller and the fox is bigger
Other differences between chameleon and fox:
Folds
Bigger and baby sits higher up on the frame
It altogether looks sleeker, the seat fabric looks nicer on the frame and has a plastic foot rest that can be cleaned easily
Wheels like a dream, especially over bumps and over the curb, the shocks are top of the line, I do a 360 swerve smoothly
Keep in mind to get the Fox 2 (2020 version) as it has been improved a lot, the seat bar comes off way easier than the first version
Hope this helps

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:43 pm
I love my bugaboo fox. Great push with really big wheels. My baby slept in the bassinet till he was six months. Most people wouldn’t do for that long but it’s quite large.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:09 pm
Thanks so much everyone, this was so informative. So this is what I’m thinking.. I definitely need something for the car that’s easy to get in and out.
Originally I planned to get a doona.. but it sounds like it might make more sense to go with a stroller that can be used to easily click a car seat into and that comes with a bassinet that the baby can sleep in.. does that make sense? I’m trying to figure out if there is any benefit to getting the doona specifically. Baby will be born iyh in the fall, so it will mostly be used during the winter, which people are saying doona is not ideal for..

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much everyone, this was so informative. So this is what I’m thinking.. I definitely need something for the car that’s easy to get in and out.
Originally I planned to get a doona.. but it sounds like it might make more sense to go with a stroller that can be used to easily click a car seat into and that comes with a bassinet that the baby can sleep in.. does that make sense? I’m trying to figure out if there is any benefit to getting the doona specifically. Baby will be born iyh in the fall, so it will mostly be used during the winter, which people are saying doona is not ideal for..

I have the Fox and Doona and am crazy about both, I use them for totally unrelated things than just for the car especially as the Fox is not a small carriage and takes up a lot of room
the Fox is my Suburban and the Doona is my Smart Car...
It all depends on where you live and what purposes you want them for
In regard to winter 7AM sells a great stroller muff for the Doona where your baby doesn't even need a coat, otherwise you can just use the plastic rain cover to keep the baby warm
I think it all depends on what your needs are and how you plan on using it
See my post https://www.imamother.com/foru.....97161

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I have the fox and a doona totally different uses. The fox is large even folded and so unless u have a huge trunk it’s gonna take up a lot of space. Also when u get in and out of ur car are u running into the store or are u going for long walks. If just getting in and out doona is perfect. All my kids where also born in the fall and I have used the doona with all even had two of them for my twins it was just that convenient. But you need to know your lifestyle. I love both my fox and my doona but I mostly use my fox for Shabbos and long walks. Doona I use for anytime I’m using my car. I also have a yoyo for when traveling if I won’t need a car seat.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:20 pm
I personally have the doona but I don’t have a car and had to Uber a lot. It was also great for traveling. I was able to use it on the plane etc. it really depends on what your lifestyle is like. The doona is not a stroller. It can be used to push around a few blocks but wouldn’t take it for a long walk.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I had the same back and forth. And actually had a Doona I could borrow so I did try out both options. Was very happy with the fox in and out of the car most days. If I wasn’t going to the grocery (where I just took in the car seat) , and not on a walk, and it was a day with no snow on the ground then maybe I was like oh a doona would work. Otherwise the bugaboo was amazing. I would reccomend it either with the car seat or with the doona if you wanna be on trend lol.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:45 pm
Op you sound like me. Seems like there's so many of us lately, having a baby many years after the last one.
I posted on another recent thread that I got the Cybex priam on sale.
For me price was a big factor, although I can afford it, I don't feel like spending 1k on a stroller, I love a bargain.
I like that I can attach a carseat to the frame and the seat lies down completely flat so I don't need to bother with a bassinet. (Haven't used it yet, I'm due after the summer iy"h.) Everyone says that the ride is extremely smooth so looking forward to that.
I refuse to get a doona although hubby loves the idea of it. It just seems like too much money and it's basically a car seat carrier. I'd much rather use my stroller frame for a prettier, better smoother ride that also has basket storage.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:49 pm
Oh and if you don't mind the need for a separate bassinet the bugaboo cameleon is a dream! (Haven't tried the fox). I had that for my previous kids (sold it after my youngest) and I really loved it. Wheeled super easy. Never had a need to take in and out of a car at that time, but as a general stroller it was fabulous. I would've gotten it again but this time I really wanted a lie flat seat.

momlife

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:51 pm
anyone wrote:
I have the Fox and Doona and am crazy about both, I use them for totally unrelated things than just for the car especially as the Fox is not a small carriage and takes up a lot of room
In regard to winter 7AM sells a great stroller muff for the Doona where your baby doesn't even need a coat, otherwise you can just use the plastic rain cover to keep the baby warm

Omg! Are you me???

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I have the fox and a doona totally different uses. The fox is large even folded and so unless u have a huge trunk it’s gonna take up a lot of space. Also when u get in and out of ur car are u running into the store or are u going for long walks. If just getting in and out doona is perfect. All my kids where also born in the fall and I have used the doona with all even had two of them for my twins it was just that convenient. But you need to know your lifestyle. I love both my fox and my doona but I mostly use my fox for Shabbos and long walks. Doona I use for anytime I’m using my car. I also have a yoyo for when traveling if I won’t need a car seat.

Hard to know what my life will be like with all the changes a baby will bring, but generally I do run a lot of errands so I am in and out of the car. Are you saying a fox is annoying and bulky for that?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Op you sound like me. Seems like there's so many of us lately, having a baby many years after the last one.
I posted on another recent thread that I got the Cybex priam on sale.
For me price was a big factor, although I can afford it, I don't feel like spending 1k on a stroller, I love a bargain.
I like that I can attach a carseat to the frame and the seat lies down completely flat so I don't need to bother with a bassinet. (Haven't used it yet, I'm due after the summer iy"h.) Everyone says that the ride is extremely smooth so looking forward to that.
I refuse to get a doona although hubby loves the idea of it. It just seems like too much money and it's basically a car seat carrier. I'd much rather use my stroller frame for a prettier, better smoother ride that also has basket storage.

I guess you haven’t really used it yet, so not sure if you can answer this, but does it seem like an easy lightweight stroller frame for in and out of the car?

Bshaa Tova! How many years since your last? Eleven years here iyh!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:02 pm
anyone wrote:

I’ve heard that during the wet winter the wheels make the seat of the car wet and then you’re tracking dirt into the house if baby sleeping (as opposed to a car seat that you can take out of the frame and carry inside).

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess you haven’t really used it yet, so not sure if you can answer this, but does it seem like an easy lightweight stroller frame for in and out of the car?

Bshaa Tova! How many years since your last? Eleven years here iyh!

My baby turned 10 recently. I feel a tad bit silly devoting so much thought to a stroller at this stage, but I can't help myself!
Online it says the frame weighs approx 11 lbs, that's lighter than any travel stroller. So I can't imagine it would be too heavy if I'm using it as a carseat base. I did try folding it a few times and it was super easy, can do it with 1 hand.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
My baby turned 10 recently. I feel a tad bit silly devoting so much thought to a stroller at this stage, but I can't help myself!
Online it says the frame weighs approx 11 lbs, that's lighter than any travel stroller. So I can't imagine it would be too heavy if I'm using it as a carseat base. I did try folding it a few times and it was super easy, can do it with 1 hand.

Oh please I’m so excited.. haven’t bought a stroller in 15 years!! Makes me feel young to be shopping for a stroller again Smile

Does it take up a lot of room when folded?

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:10 pm
momlife wrote:
Omg! Are you me???

You never know, didn't know I have a double till now..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:20 pm
anyone wrote:
You never know, didn't know I have a double till now..

Thanks your post on that other thread was very detailed and helpful. But pretty much none of the things you listed are applicable to me.. so I’m not sure if it makes sense for me to buy it.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh please I’m so excited.. haven’t bought a stroller in 15 years!! Makes me feel young to be shopping for a stroller again Smile

Does it take up a lot of room when folded?

I haven't put it in my trunk yet but I have a minivan with a big trunk so I don't think it'll be an issue. It's definitely not a mini travel stroller but folds easier and less bulky than my bugaboo used to.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics