Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Texas hospitals overrun with Covid patients
Previous  1  2  3  4

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 7:46 am
#BestBubby wrote:
(...)

You are right.

Essential mistakes were made on all sides, which cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

Not recommend a mask from the beginning was an error. They made it because PPE was rare and they wanted to save it for hospitals, where it was more essential, but they could have recommended do-it-yourself masks made from napkins or bandanas back in February or March.

Telling the New York population that they should take the subway was a mistake.
Not closing down the subway in February was a mistake
Not locking down New York City before the beginning of March was a mistake.
Allowing protests is a mistake
Organising big assemblies is a mistake.
Speaking against mask-wearing is a mistake.
Allowing travel and big population movements for vacations is a mistake.

They all made mistakes, but what I find strange in US politics, as opposed to other countries, is that every party wants to "correct" the other party's mistake by making even worse mistakes.

You blame the CDC for not recommending masks in February. You are right.
But at the same time you speak out against wearing masks now!
That's wrong.
It was wrong not wear masks in February, it cost tens of thousands of lives in New York, and it is just as wrong not to wear masks now...

What you are doing here goes according to the logic: "If he hits my daughter, I'm hitting his wife"...
Or cut your nose to spite your face...

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 7:55 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Nah, it was already happening a few weeks ago. It dates back to when the governor reopened the state.

That is NOT true - you can see first spike is June 16 - about 2 1/2 weeks after protests first started.

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 8:02 am
I have split the political posts from this thread and moved them to the politics section.

This is becoming very frustrating, wasting the mods time, and it is clear that some posters are showing that they do not care about the rules of the board. A few have been messaged privately for reminders and still are continuing to bring politics into other forums.

From this point, any political post in this thread will be deleted. Not moved. If you have something to add to this thread but it is political in nature, please post it here. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....95822

Thanks for your cooperation.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:51 am
Ora in town wrote:
déja-vu: Texas is facing the same public health crisis as New York in March-April.
Was that really necessary?

CNN reporting is CNN reporting. "Vhamavin yavin"

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:54 am
Ora in town wrote:
You are right.

Essential mistakes were made on all sides, which cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

Not recommend a mask from the beginning was an error. They made it because PPE was rare and they wanted to save it for hospitals, where it was more essential, but they could have recommended do-it-yourself masks made from napkins or bandanas back in February or March.

Telling the New York population that they should take the subway was a mistake.
Not closing down the subway in February was a mistake
Not locking down New York City before the beginning of March was a mistake.
Allowing protests is a mistake
Organising big assemblies is a mistake.
Speaking against mask-wearing is a mistake.
Allowing travel and big population movements for vacations is a mistake.

They all made mistakes, but what I find strange in US politics, as opposed to other countries, is that every party wants to "correct" the other party's mistake by making even worse mistakes.

You blame the CDC for not recommending masks in February. You are right.
But at the same time you speak out against wearing masks now!
That's wrong.
It was wrong not wear masks in February, it cost tens of thousands of lives in New York, and it is just as wrong not to wear masks now...

What you are doing here goes according to the logic: "If he hits my daughter, I'm hitting his wife"...
Or cut your nose to spite your face...

The country you live in has its own problems with COVID.
My family members are going through harrowing times.
A lot of political decisions are causing suicides and mental breakdowns. Destruction of businesses
and people jobless without bread on their table. Please focus on your country.
Why the obsession with the states?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
The country you live in has its own problems with COVID.
My family members are going through harrowing times.
A lot of political decisions are causing suicides and mental breakdowns. Destruction of businesses
and people jobless without bread on their table. Please focus on your country.
Why the obsession with the states?

How do you know where Ora lives? I don't believe she has ever mentioned a specific country, just that she lives in Europe. And all countries in the EU are basically over with the virus (for reference, population in EU is double that of US) wheareas cases are rising rapidly in the US. See graphic showing this below:

It's pretty clear that the US is headed to disaster with coronavirus. Are you following the news or you only know what's going on in NY?

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 1:19 am
Thank you for posting this chart...
The chart could be read "many people unnecessarily infected and many unnecessarily died"

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:50 am
https://twitter.com/AlexBerens.....04546

You should read this. It describes how the majority of emergency room patients that are Covid positive are actually not that sick. That hospitals have an incentive to get paid more if patients are Covid positive.

Read to the end. Much of the ICU patients are non-Covid, and are there because they were too terrified for four months to get medical care in a hospital, and now they have serious issues.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics