Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is your daycamp following regulations??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:26 pm
I just found out that my preschool son's bunk (4-5 yr olds) is having 28 kids!! That's a lot even for regular times but especially now. This is a well known large daycamp, . I'm really unhappy about this (I get if they can't make small groups - maybe it wouldn't be worth opening then, but am upset that their making them bigger then usual)

Is your childrens daycamp following regulations at all? How are they running this year diff then other years?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just found out that my preschool son's bunk (4-5 yr olds) is having 28 kids!! That's a lot even for regular times but especially now. This is a well known large daycamp, . I'm really unhappy about this (I get if they can't make small groups - maybe it wouldn't be worth opening then, but am upset that their making them bigger then usual)

Is your childrens daycamp following regulations at all? How are they running this year diff then other years?

That’s terrible.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:28 pm
Yes they are BH.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:29 pm
Yes they are. They are an affiliate of our local Agudath so they have a lot to loose if they dont follow the rules.

Mothers

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:05 pm
You might want to specify your location, when you answer Yes/No. I have a feeling that the answer may be area specific.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:18 pm
The day camp I wrote about is in New York. I dont want to get more specific then that, but its a big camp, and most people have heard of it. I'm really not comfortable with a big group, but dont think I have a choice at this point Sad. I paid for camp in December (better price if you pay early) and dont think I'll get my money back now. Aside from the fact that all other daycamps are probably booked, plus this one is near my house and my kids all have friends going (I have a few children above the preschool age son, although I havnt yet heard how big their groups are being). Its not really an option for me not to send to camp I'm due any day now and am at risk for ppd, so I really need my kids to have a daycamp.... (If I would have known about this, I would have never have planned to have a baby now, but it was meant to be I guess). From the sound of things, the camp is planning to run like normal. I'm just disappointed - I expected better from such an established camp.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:49 pm
My daughter was supposed to work in a large Brooklyn day camp (for second half) but I am not letting her, due to the lack of any mention of social distancing or safety precautions whatsoever . . .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children