Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Removing Lace Front
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:01 pm
Anyone have experience removing a lace front from their wig? How did it look after? What was your reason for removing? How much did you spend?
Can't stand how delicate it is, and trying to upgrade my level of hair covering...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:10 am
annyone?

EishesYo

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:36 am
You are inspiring!!!!
I just got the chills!!!

kol hakavod, you can DM me I can try to do some research for you!!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have experience removing a lace front from their wig? How did it look after? What was your reason for removing? How much did you spend?
Can't stand how delicate it is, and trying to upgrade my level of hair covering...

Im a SM. I have removed lace fronts for people many times for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the wig ages and the lace looks bad but the wig still has some life so the customer decided to remove it. It usually needs babyhair to fill the hairline but looks totally fine after!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Im a SM. I have removed lace fronts for people many times for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the wig ages and the lace looks bad but the wig still has some life so the customer decided to remove it. It usually needs babyhair to fill the hairline but looks totally fine after!

I only recently got these wigs and Im already unhappy with them.
I spent sooo much money in the first place to put a lace in and Ive only worn the wig a handful of times. Wondering if I should get more use out of it and then remove it...

chesed123

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:35 am
What SM will remove a lace front? I just bought a sheitel with a lace front in July but so many Rabbonim speak against it that I am not wearing the sheitel. Please let me know who can remove it. Please include phone numbers if you have.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 4:00 am
Another unhappy lace front customer. I'm not happy with mine either, and I was regretting this lace from the first day I bought it . Let alone the look that rabbunim are against it . Not wearing it correctly makes it so ugly looking. I would definitely take off mine if their is an option .

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 4:20 am
I recently removed mine. (2 of them, but one was built in and couldn't be removed so I folded it under the wig and relined it......)
The one I removed: sm ripped it out, added a few baby hairs, and the wig is bH stunning and flat.
Cost me maybe $100? (And at the end of the day it was covered by an organization)
I did it as per my husband's rebbi

Another mom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 4:43 am
Why do women have to do this? They don't sell the regular ones anymore?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 4:56 am
I thought I was the only one who finds the lace front annoying. When it lays perfect it's gorgeous but most of the time it's a nusience.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:09 am
Just did this as well
Not by the SM who made the wig
The SM who did it gave me a few options at different price points. I would have loved to go for the best option - completely changing the top of the wig for a regular skin top - but that was out of price range (about $1,000).
So I went for next best option where the SM did some handwork that extended the nonlace part of the cap as far as it would go, finished with the thinnest piece of lace possible. folded over. Cost about $400. I wear a sheitel band, the color of my wig, right under the lace.
I'm still not crazy about it but its best case option until I'm up for a new wig, and I get tons of compliments on it so I guess it doesn't look too bad. But definitely not the lace look, which is the main thing; it was a bad buy to begin with, so making lemonade out of lemons I guess....

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:16 am
Rabbanim are against lace front? How? If you follow the 2 finger rule when wearing a tichel (as in your show just two fingers of the front of your hair) the lace front definitely doesn’t show more than that. I’m not a fan of lace tops for myself. But I assume if you don’t show any bit of hair with a tichel then you wouldn’t get a lace front. If you show a two finger amount you would be comfortable in lace front

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:24 am
It can definitely be done.
According to our Rav and many others, a married woman has a mitzva to cover all her hair. How that’s done is a personal choice. The covering needs to be tznius, but that is also a personal choice.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:03 am
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
Rabbanim are against lace front? How? If you follow the 2 finger rule when wearing a tichel (as in your show just two fingers of the front of your hair) the lace front definitely doesn’t show more than that. I’m not a fan of lace tops for myself. But I assume if you don’t show any bit of hair with a tichel then you wouldn’t get a lace front. If you show a two finger amount you would be comfortable in lace front

I think the groups that don’t wear lace front don’t show 2 tefachs. (My rav says showing any hair other they payos or neck hair is assur. I know some don’t even show that. )

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:36 am
I also have lace front that was sewn in and absolutely HATE it. Wonder if we all went to same person...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:23 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I also have lace front that was sewn in and absolutely HATE it. Wonder if we all went to same person...

far rockaway?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:38 am
No.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:30 pm
You canline ur lace front as well btw and then showing no hairline or hair etc...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:33 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
You canline ur lace front as well btw and then showing no hairline or hair etc...

its lined already. I dont show any hair and my sheital is above my shoulders

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:37 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:

What's the "2 finger rule" and who's rule is it? Just curious
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels