Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Lashon hara about potential boss

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:51 am
My sister interviewed at a company owned by my neighbor. He offered her a nice raise from where she currently is and shorter hours. She told him she is strongly considering it but needs time till her kids schedules are back to somewhat normal. Meanwhile she tells me that she doesnt see a reason not to take the job. She called around about the boss and only heard positive things. Being this guys neighbor I unfortunately lost all respect for him when he publicly made a "maacha" (rebellion) against the rav of our shul. Should my sister be privy to this piece of information?

P.s this is just for discussion purposes I plan to ask about what to say before I do anything..

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:53 am
Ask a Rav
I doubt you're allowed to share that

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:53 am
Her relationship with his is work related, not shul or community related. It has no bearing on her work. Why would it be relevant to her job?

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:55 am
You should most certainly ask a Sheila about this and not rely on opinions here.You may very well be obligated to tell her.
Who else should tell her this if not for a sister? A sister is supposed to care for a sister.
I would probably for sure tell her once it's cleared Halacha wise.

Last edited by ShishKabob on Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:59 am
watergirl wrote:
Her relationship with his is work related, not shul or community related. It has no bearing on her work. Why would it be relevant to her job?

I think in a community where people turn to daas torah to settle any dispute, it may be relevant for her to know that shes getting into a business relationship with s.o who doesnt listen to/respect daas torah...
Just a thought

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:03 am
I would tell her so she can make an informed decision about who she is working for.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think in a community where people turn to daas torah to settle any dispute, it may be relevant for her to know that shes getting into a business relationship with s.o who doesnt listen to/respect daas torah...
Just a thought

Thanks for the hug Tongue Out

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:08 am
Ask a rav. I hope you're able to tell her. Because people were worried about l"h, my dh took a job with a Frum company leaving behind a good place. The boss was ridiculous, the place was impossible, he was doing dishonest things with payroll, and my dh was fired. Everyone he asked about this place said it's good even though they knew the turn around was 3 to 6 months. And this wasn't a secretary or support position, my dh has degrees and certifications and experience. It was a mid level career position. BH, he's moved on since then but it was wrong to hide this information because of l"h. It caused us 2 months of no salary plus the frustration while he was employed by the firm. There was a toeles in telling my dh it's simply not the best place to work and he should not take the job.

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just a thought

Gotcha. Do you know what was behind the issue with him and the rabbi?

As you know, this is for a rav to advise.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Ask a rav. I hope you're able to tell her. Because people were worried about l"h, my dh took a job with a Frum company leaving behind a good place. The boss was ridiculous, the place was impossible, he was doing dishonest things with payroll, and my dh was fired. Everyone he asked about this place said it's good even though they knew the turn around was 3 to 6 months. And this wasn't a secretary or support position, my dh has degrees and certifications and experience. It was a mid level career position. BH, he's moved on since then but it was wrong to hide this information because of l"h. It caused us 2 months of no salary plus the frustration while he was employed by the firm. There was a toeles in telling my dh it's simply not the best place to work and he should not take the job.

Im sorry about his experience. Sounds miserable. This is precisely what im afraid of. Giving up working for nice people for 7+ and then having regrets..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:30 am
watergirl wrote:
Gotcha. Do you know what was behind the issue with him and the rabbi?

As you know, this is for a rav to advise.

Yes, he was extremely outspoken about his opinions. I rather not discuss here so as to keep the familys anonymity...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions