Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's your tuition situation this coming year?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 7:30 pm
I'm curious to know. I am weary to sign my tuition agreements , although overdue, because I'm scared of schools staying closed.

What's your tuition story? Are you signing the contracts? Are your schools giving more breaks because of corona or less since more people are applying?
I'm not sure about mine. I need to call and ask but dreading it.
NY area here. What about you

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 7:46 pm
I’m in chicago I registered but did not pay the fees yet. Did not get my tuition agreement yet but I will pay what they assigned me. My governor and mayor said school will start in sept and I trust that my kids schools will open for in person learning. There is a ton of politics involved with the teachers union but that doesn’t affect us.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:35 pm
I haven't heard anything about our school reducing tuition due to corona. I'm sure that people who need breaks have asked for them, as they do every year. I'd guess that more breaks were requested this year than in years past, but I don't know anything firsthand.

For us personally, we BH have not been put in the situation to need a break, so we will do what we do every year. Pay full tuition for all the kids. We are in Cincinnati.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:46 pm
Reduced tuition?! That's a funny thought! My kid's school just sent out contracts and what do you know, tuition has increased by several hundred dollars per kid. Also their school just went ahead and purchased another building so I'm sure that there will be all sorts of building fees and whatnot. Apparently all is just fine when it comes to finances. What do you mean there's a recession? Banging head

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:50 pm
I didn't get my tuition agreement yet, but I have the same fears as OP. Until my kids are in school the first day how do I know they'll really open? And then once they open will they have to close again?
I'm very nervous to sign a "contract" promising to pay my tuition for an entire year again and then have a repeat performance of being locked into paying for nothing

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:51 pm
my kids school provided schooling over zoom so I didn't feel like I was paying for nothing. I agreed to the contract for next year.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 3:01 am
I share OP's worries as well. We're in LA where tuition is 17,000 each for my 3 year old twins and 22,000 for my 5 year old. We applied for financial aid for the first time ever, as I'm sure many other families did, and are waiting to see what the school comes back with. Based on the aid they offer, we will either sign the tuition agreements or homeschool.

While I see how zoom can be effective for older children, my children in early childhood could barely sit through the online classes and it was very difficult to see the tuition coming out of our account every month for basically nothing (in my case. again, for older kids I'm sure zoom was valuable)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics