Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Please help me -salary to work in boys camp upstae

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:23 pm
My husband is offered a job upstate in a camp
He will be having a bunch a jobs and busy all day and late nights
What is the going rate? What should we expect as his salary?
I don’t want to be taken advantage of Tysm

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:28 pm
It depends on the job. If a bungalow and food is included for free, it's considered part of your pay. Jobs at camps with bungalow and food included generally isn't such a big salary.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
It depends on the job. If a bungalow and food is included for free, it's considered part of your pay. Jobs at camps with bungalow and food included generally isn't such a big salary.

I understand

But what is the salary for that?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:42 pm
A joke
Men tend to make a lot of money tutoring

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
A joke
Men tend to make a lot of money tutoring

Really?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Don't know details but someone told me that the bungalow colony manager was paid very very well, forgot exact amount but it was a beautiful salary for the summer. Would this be a similar job?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Don't know details but someone told me that the bungalow colony manager was paid very very well, forgot exact amount but it was a beautiful salary for the summer. Would this be a similar job?

Yes this

Camps charge a lot and it doesn’t make sense to work for pennies . Definitely expecting a nice salary - it’s a huge job .just wanted to know an approximate salary

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes this

Camps charge a lot and it doesn’t make sense to work for pennies . Definitely expecting a nice salary - it’s a huge job .just wanted to know an approximate salary

Jobs at camps generally aren't that well paying. Bungalow colony jobs are higher paid. People take camp jobs because they want to go to the country and if they make enough to cover their rent/mortgage in the city, they're happy because they're getting a bungalow and food.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:12 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Jobs at camps generally aren't that well paying. Bungalow colony jobs are higher paid. People take camp jobs because they want to go to the country and if they make enough to cover their rent/mortgage in the city, they're happy because they're getting a bungalow and food.

Thank you
So I should expect just to make about two months of my rent?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you
So I should expect just to make about two months of my rent?

Depends how high your rent is. You can expect to make your rent and maybe a little more depending on how much rent you pay.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 1:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I worked as a head counselor of a girls day camp (not married, more than 10 years ago) and made about $5000 for the summer.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:51 am
It's hard to answer without knowing exactly what the job description and responsibilities are.

My husband works for a program, and also has year round responsibilities, so you can't compare, but they consider room and board (bungalow, food) as part of his compensation.

You have to decide though if this is where you want to spend you're summer, and if the room and board has value to you. (Do you have kids? What would you be doing other wise and what would that cost you? What amenities are included? )

To some it's more valuable than others. For our family, we consider it a big fringe benefit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries