Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Ds w ADHD really negative reaction to 2 stimulants pls help!
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 10:29 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
functional medicine is done by real medical doctors who have extra training in uncovering and treating root causes. Sometimes they use allopathic medicine to treat, sometimes alternative, and sometimes a combination. There is a level of trial and error here, and things take time, these aren’t quick fixes, and kids respond differently to different things, but at the end of the day it’s an approach that works on fixing causes and many people see amazing results. The two books I mentioned upthread can give you a good idea of what this would look like.

how can I find a dr for this in the nj/ny area? Are there many good ones?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 10:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
how can I find a dr for this in the nj/ny area? Are there many good ones?
a few. The downside is they don’t accept insurance Sad . You also have to be ready to do the work (strict diet, spend lots of money on supplements, etc) . I would recommend reading those books to get a feel of what it’s like.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)