Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Does meal mart on avenue m take food stamps / ebt

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 6:01 am
anyone know?
I just got onto food stamps and I know it works in grocery stores but im not sure where else it would work
does anyone know if meal mart takes food stamps
what about kaffs bakery and bakeries in general?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:32 am
bump

monkeymamma

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
anyone know?
I just got onto food stamps and I know it works in grocery stores but im not sure where else it would work
does anyone know if meal mart takes food stamps
what about kaffs bakery and bakeries in general?

Call them and ask.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:44 am
I always thought you couldn’t use food stamps on prepared foods. But since I don’t receive food stamps I’m not certain

monkeymamma

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:46 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I always thought you couldn’t use food stamps on prepared foods. But since I don’t receive food stamps I’m not certain

I believe its hot foods that dont qualify but if you can buy cookies and cakes in a supermarket using food stamps then why not at a bakery?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:47 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

Legal and what you can do in a Frum store are not necessarily synonymous.

See legal thread above.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:50 am
I’m not in NY but my experience is bakeries do take EBT. Places like meal mart you would need to ask. Deli counters in grocery stores are usually ok, meat mart might fall under that same umbrella. It depends on exactly how they are set up. Might take it for some things, not others. Also some stores are More careful about what they accept for than others.

monkeymamma

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:56 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Legal and what you can do in a Frum store are not necessarily synonymous.

See legal thread above.

Why dont you conduct a research study instead of vilifying Jewish stores and making accusations against them? Get yourself onto food stamps (or use people who have food stamps) and then go from store to store and see if you can buy things that are not legal to buy on food stamps. Remember to conduct this study in the non-Jewish stores as well to ensure that you are being fair to everyone. Let us know the results when you are done.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 9:01 am
monkeymamma wrote:
Why dont you conduct a research study instead of vilifying Jewish stores and making accusations against them? Get yourself onto food stamps (or use people who have food stamps) and then go from store to store and see if you can buy things that are not legal to buy on food stamps. Remember to conduct this study in the non-Jewish stores as well to ensure that you are being fair to everyone. Let us know the results when you are done.

What!
I was saying that she might have success.
If you call they might not tell you, but if you go in person you may have a different experience. I don't know, but she might be able to.

There are definitely other/non-Jewish stores that do. Corner markets/mom and pops are much more likely than chains.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics