Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
True or False: Tupperware vs Ruubbermaid

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 9:20 am
This Consumer Reports comparison (from 1999) makes Tupperware out to be a waste of money at keeping vegetables fresh, with much cheaper Rubbermaid doing better. Have they improved over Rubbermaid since?

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 10:08 am
I suppose there are many containers on the market now that do what Tupperware can do...

Tupperware was new a few decades ago - when there were not many containers on the marked that truly sealed well...

Since then, so many new kinds of plastic have been developped - microwave resistent, freezer resistent, etc. etc...

So I suppose that it's true that tupperware is a bit too expensive compared to the present plastic container market.

I never heard of rubbermaid... maybe rubbermaid is too expensive too?

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:18 pm
I trust CU, but their test was about which product works better, not which one lasts longer. TW outlasts Rubbermaid by a mile. It has a lifetime warrantee against cracking, chipping and so on, but you have to pay shipping costs even if the delivery is to your salesperson, not to you. This is probably not worth it if all you're replacing is a lid on a small container, possibly worth it if you're replacing a large and hard-to-find item. You'll get the color they have now, which may not be the color you bought. Cheaper overall to buy new Rubbermaid, though TW has a vast array of sizes, shapes and colors. RM, not as much.

OTOH TW has those cool parties...oh, well, in the era of Covid that's not a plus.

avocado7

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 2:58 pm
Let me know which u choose!!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 3:38 pm
Isn’t Tupperware not safe for food? I threw out all my Tupperware years ago.

Goldie1964

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:28 am
Glass is easier to clean, doesn't hold onto stains, is significantly cheaper ($26 for a dozen large mason jars), and more importantly, much more healthy than anything with plastics. Also, you can use those same mason jars to can your food and save yourself a bunch of time in the future.

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 4:53 am
Goldie1964 wrote:
Glass is easier to clean, doesn't hold onto stains, is significantly cheaper ($26 for a dozen large mason jars), and more importantly, much more healthy than anything with plastics. Also, you can use those same mason jars to can your food and save yourself a bunch of time in the future.

Glass also shatters and is terrible for freezing.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:58 am
And needs tevilla
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics