Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you consider yourself a Zionist?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:26 pm
Do u consider yourself a Zionist? If yes, why .if no , why not?

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:30 pm
Yes. Because Hashem is a Zionist and wants the Jewish people to live in Israel. Hashem didn't promise us that we would return in a supernatural way, so we have to do our part. I'm immensely privileged to merit living in Israel.

#Happymom

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:41 pm
I heard that nowadays there is no such thing as a zionist, no one nowadays believes in zionism like they used to. Now the only "zionists" are frum ppl who love eretz yisroel...

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:46 pm
#Happymom wrote:
I heard that nowadays there is no such thing as a zionist, no one nowadays believes in zionism like they used to. Now the only "zionists" are frum ppl who love eretz yisroel...

IME, that's very accurate.

samantha87

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:57 pm
#Happymom wrote:

So can I be a zionist if I love eretz yisrael, believe that Hashem has signaled pretty loudly over the last 100 years that we should return - but I still live in the US?

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:59 pm
Why was this reported?

[Someone wanted it moved to a different forum, but for now I'm leaving it here. - merelyme, as mod]

FmrNewEnglander

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:01 pm
Yes. I believe in a National Jewish Homeland in Israel. I hope and believe (but obviously dont know) that the State of Israel and the founding of the State is a step closer to the ultimate Geulah.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:03 pm
I am not a Zionist but I love the Torah, Eretz Yisrael, and all of the Jews.

jerusalem90

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:03 pm
Definitely. Because I believe that Jews should live in Eretz Israel.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:30 pm
samantha87 wrote:
So can I be a zionist if I love eretz yisrael, believe that Hashem has signaled pretty loudly over the last 100 years that we should return - but I still live in the US?

Of course.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:35 pm
I don’t know. What does a Zionist mean?

I love the people. But not the government.
I love the land. But is it artificial? They say Eilat isn’t part of Eretz Yiroel.
I love to live here and protect the people. But I wouldn’t want my kids in the army and I don’t think I’m for shirut leumi either.
I celebrate living here. But I don’t celebrate Yom Haatzmaut.

behappy2

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:40 pm
The Zionism that believes the land of Israel is the religion and the Israeli army is God? The Zionism that believes that if we have our own land we wont have another holocaust? Or the Zionism that believes we deserve to live free in our homeland if we can, that this place is full of kedusha?

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:42 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

According to SJP - any Jew.

According to Iran - anyone whom talks to an Israeli.

According to Jews...ha.

I consider myself a Zionist, because I'm trying to increase Torah and Jews in Eretz Yisrael, because that's what Hashem told us to do. But I was raised to believe that Zionism is true evil and anti-Torah, and I know a lot of people whom subscribe to that belief. So whom is right?

A word only has the meaning which you instill in it.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:44 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

I love the people. But not the government.
I love the land. But is it artificial? They say Eilat isn’t part of Eretz Yiroel.
I love to live here and protect the people. But I wouldn’t want my kids in the army and I don’t think I’m for shirut leumi either.
I celebrate living here. But I don’t celebrate Yom Haatzmaut.

I’m aware of being against the army, but what do people oppose about sheirut leumi?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:46 pm
What does it mean to be a Zionist?

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:49 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I’m aware of being against the army, but what do people oppose about sheirut leumi?

Free labor? Hiding that's the most common complaint I've heard, anyway.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:52 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

I want to say clearly I don't judge anyone.
The chazon Ish said sherut liumi was asur and was yeharaig val yaavor.
There are very clear explanations.
I am not going to explain it because I think other people will do a better job.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:56 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

How can you be a Zionist and be opposed to the IDF? Could Israel survive without a military?

I of course understand not wanting your children in the army. Who wants their children in danger? But beyond that, I don't get.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:59 pm
behappy2 wrote:
The Zionism that believes the land of Israel is the religion and the Israeli army is God? The Zionism that believes that if we have our own land we wont have another holocaust? Or the Zionism that believes we deserve to live free in our homeland if we can, that this place is full of kedusha?
Im sorry but I have to ask, which zionists think that the israeli army is god or that the land of Israel is a religion? If you are talking about the chalutzim, the pioneers that started the country, I dont think those things were god and their religion, but rather a very deep felt cause that they lived for.

Here is the definition of what a zionist is today:
A person who believes in the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel.

And according to that definition, I am a proud zionist.

Reality

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 4:01 pm
Yes. I am a zionist because I was raised to be one. Israel belongs to the Jewish people.
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics