Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Modiin vs Raanana

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 7:20 pm
Hi all!!

Starting our Aliyah process from the NY area. We are modern, I don’t cover my hair and I wear pants.

We have 3 older kids 11, 13, 16

Does anyone know what some differences in these 2 communities are?

Pros/cons?

Any and all information is welcome and very appreciated

These were the 2 communitiesWe were Told to look at with us being modern and needing a very Anglo established community since we have older kids. Ofcourse we are open to other places if someone has any suggestions

Thank you!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 3:40 am
Both places fit the bill. Both modern and have a lot of anglos. I think you would have to spend a shabbat in each on, get to know people in both and see what you like more.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 3:53 am
I think Modiin is cheaper and equally close to TA and Jerusalem if this is an issue re employment. Also check out Arnona in Jerusalem.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 5:22 am
If you are working in the center of the country, both are good, soft landings for olim. Raanana has some very expensive housing and a very rich population. If that's not you, you might feel out of place.

essie14

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 6:12 am
I have friends in both cities but don't live in either one myself so I cant really give definitive answers.
Both are considered very Anglo and expensive. You can compare real estate prices on yad2 or other websites.
I really like both cities for the reasons you stated. Both have very warm and welcoming Anglo communities.
Are you on Facebook? You can post in the Nefesh b'Nefesh group and you will get hundreds of replies.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 9:35 am
Ok thanks all!!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 5:50 am
We made Aliyah with older kids to Modiin. I'd highly recommend not moving to the heaviest Anglo neighborhood in town if you want to integrate as much as possible. There are Anglos everywhere and your kids will have English speakers in their classes usually. But I recommend looking outside of the typical neighborhoods.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions