Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Not Sleeping

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 7:50 pm
My child is 2.5 and has been sleeping for 13 hours and average night. Put him to sleep about 6/6:30 and he would wake up 7/7:30.
Lately he just doesn’t sleep he fights his eyes to keep them open even when he’s overtired and their closing. He can fall asleep about 9 and he’s already up by 6:30!! It’s crazy that he’s not sleeping any ideas what I can do?
Don’t want to give melatonin bec it’s not good for the body to get used to that support. Thanks

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 7:51 pm
May be time to drop the nap!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 7:52 pm
Oh sorry forgot to mention that he hasn’t been napping since he’s 2!!

cuffs

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My child is 2.5 and has been sleeping for 13 hours and average night. Put him to sleep about 6/6:30 and he would wake up 7/7:30.
Lately he just doesn’t sleep he fights his eyes to keep them open even when he’s overtired and their closing. He can fall asleep about 9 and he’s already up by 6:30!! It’s crazy that he’s not sleeping any ideas what I can do?
Don’t want to give melatonin bec it’s not good for the body to get used to that support. Thanks

Maybe he's ready for a 7/7:30 bedtime. Make sure he's letting out enough energy during the day. One of my kids doesn't sleep whenever they are going through any change... could it be that? Did something in his life change recently?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:23 pm
I started putting him to sleep more like 7 the past few weeks just bec he’s not sleeping. He can lay in bed for hours fighting his eyes and during the day his eyes are literally closing but he doesn’t fall asleep. No changes that I can think of lately. I stayed with him one night bec he’s only been going to sleep like that lately but very late!! He was asleep one night and I walked out he opened his eyes that second and saw me leaving and started screaming after that he kept fighting his eyes to make sure I was there the whole time. Seems like a trauma of something but don’t know what how do I deal with that if it is? He’s my only child so totally lost here and going crazy!! I feel bad for him he’s not sleeping!

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:57 pm
Do blood work. My child had this with anemia abc lead poisoning. Severe anemia can paradoxically cause lack of sleep in toddlers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics