Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Therapists Rivki Pelberg Evi Nakdimen

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 8:01 am
My 7 year old DD has ODD. relief suggested these two therapists. Has anyone tried either one and can give me feedback?
* Evi Nakdimen
* Rivki Pelberg

gold2

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:57 am
Why don't you go with what Relief told you? They are a referral organization and generally refer therapists who they have heard good feedback.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:59 am
gold2 wrote:
Why don't you go with what Relief told you? They are a referral organization and generally refer therapists who they have heard good feedback.

It’s good to get personal feedback as well

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 6:47 am
First, they gave two, so feedback could help me pick.
Two, therapy is a VERY costly, time consuming, and if I may say, brain consuming process. Additionally, once you start, and you give background, and the kid starts, you don't just switch. And while nothing is guaranteed, and many times it's all about the fit, if someone worked with one of them and could tell me they had a good experience, it would help me out a lot.

Also, I don't understand your comment, I was asking if anyone used either of them. If you didn't, or would prefer not to share, that's fine. I'm going insane from this delightful child, so I'm stressed enough as it is...

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:14 am
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, it's a pet peeve of mine when people ask on an online forum about specific names. I feel like it could lead to loshon hara and at the same time people who had very bad experiences might not want to mention it online either.

Relief pools all the feedback they get so will only recommend therapists that they feel are good or they will at least honestly tell you that they don't know about them.

I hope you find the right one.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:45 am
Thank you for your comment. You’re right. I actually agree with you. It’s just hard because in real life most people won’t tell you they or their child are in therapy. So getting info would be hard. But again I do agree with you and I’ll just call them and see how they sound to me.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:46 am
I heard excellent things about Evi Nakdimen but she is way out of my price range. I think she said $275/session about a year ago (and therapists just keep going up). I ended up finding an incredible therapist at daas and saw huge success and they accept insurance (she did not at the time I inquired).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I heard excellent things about Evi Nakdimen but she is way out of my price range. I think she said $275/session about a year ago (and therapists just keep going up). I ended up finding an incredible therapist at daas and saw huge success and they accept insurance (she did not at the time I inquired).

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:07 am
Evi is considered top! I used her for anxiety. Her personality is wonderful to work with. She really knows her stuff but is very unassuming.
I'm not sure that that's her price for every session or only for the initial consult.

I never heard of Rivki Pelberg

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:34 am
Does evi do trauma work as well?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:20 am
mustard can you please tell me who you used at daas. I am strongly considering going there for my child but would really like to use a therapist I heard first hand someone saw results. Thank you!

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
mustard can you please tell me who you used at daas. I am strongly considering going there for my child but would really like to use a therapist I heard first hand someone saw results. Thank you!

Peri Spira

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:02 pm
Thank you!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 6:42 pm
I've worked with Ms Nakdimen before she opened her private practice. Yes to trauma. She is an excellent clinician.

I have not worked with Ms Pelberg but find her a fine, ehrlich and clear headed person.

Good luck.

Whoever should use should have Siatta Dishmaya and be of help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children