Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Basement or Westgate?
Previous  1  2

sunspot

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 6:47 pm
Just curious--I would love to rent from someone their home in Westgate from Aug. 20-31

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 7:44 pm
Wouldn't you be just as close to everyone in a basement than in Westgate?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 8:10 pm
We moved back from ey this past summer with three kids. We were ready to sign on a very spacious basement for a year, and the landlord really wanted a two year contract... so we went back to look at a westgate apt again and we were like “we’re crazy if we move into a basement instead of this roomy airy HOUSE!” so we took it!
My kids have friends, the neighbors are nice, and honestly my husband isn’t around much so he doesn’t really care, even though he would love to live in a private house with land and all that. Iyh one day, but right now this is great bang for our buck!
And he found a minyan he likes in the main shul. So alls good bh!!

And now with having been locked down for months on end I was blessing the day that I chose not to move into a basement. I cannot imagine having been stuck in a low ceiling (cuz the one we found that was spacious had really low ceilings) basement with three kids for months of no school...

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you guys so much for responding!!!

I wish I could move to the new houses.
I am more looking at the 1465 rentals.

Is it weird that its such a diverse crowd? (We consider ourselves regular yeshivish)

so did you end up taking? we are also yeshivish, and we are not getting the feel that those apts at the central entrance are yeshivish…. we saw a couple checking it out recently, where honestly, I Don't want my husband to see up that ladies thighs every time he walks out the front door. and when we saw them, there was more thighs than skirt...and so my husband said NO. although I really wanted it, and was so excited about them... Sad Sad Sad

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:12 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
so did you end up taking? we are also yeshivish, and we are not getting the feel that those apts at the central entrance are yeshivish…. we saw a couple checking it out recently, where honestly, I Don't want my husband to see up that ladies thighs every time he walks out the front door. and when we saw them, there was more thighs than skirt...and so my husband said NO. although I really wanted it, and was so excited about them... Sad Sad Sad

It’s not usually like that there.
For all you know, that couple didn’t end up taking the apartment.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:44 am

Westgate isn’t yeshivish? That’s news to me. It’s considered one of the most yeshivish neighborhoods in Lakewood.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:32 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Westgate isn’t yeshivish? That’s news to me. It’s considered one of the most yeshivish neighborhoods in Lakewood.

Not at all. It depends on the area. Some of The apartments have a very diverse crowd.

jetset123

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:41 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

I live in westgate and its not most yeshivish neighbhorhood theres a mix of all types some blocks are more yeshivish but I wouldnt say the whole westgate is..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:16 am

We did not end up taking the apartment.
We were looking into the tunnel house not the new houses so cant tell you about the new houses...
We found out all the tunnel neighbors were people we do not want to live next to.

You really need to find out about who lives next to you.

Westgate doesnt have any other availabilities of what we are looking for...

The rentals at Westgate are very diverse.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:20 am

So where else are you looking into besides for Westgate?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We did not end up taking the apartment.
We were looking into the tunnel house not the new houses so cant tell you about the new houses...
We found out all the tunnel neighbors were people we do not want to live next to.

You really need to find out about who lives next to you.

Westgate doesnt have any other availabilities of what we are looking for...

The rentals at Westgate are very diverse.
what are the tunnel houses??

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:36 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I think it’s better for kids when they are not in a basement. For some reason there is a stigma attached to living in a basement apartment. I know they are big and airy in Lakewood but as your kids grow up they will feel a little ashamed at some point if you are still in a basement. I wish that weren’t the reality but it is.
The issue of your husband not being comfortable with lots of neighbors is not one to ignore. I just read today that R’ Avigdor Miller said that we should make decisions that best benefit our children even if it’s uncomfortable for us. We want our children to grow up happy and emotionally well. It might be a problem for your children if your husband doesn’t want lots of neighbors and your children do.
I think westgate is a great place to live providing your husband will be happy with the shuls and with the home you choose.

Can I ask where you read this?

dwg

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 12:49 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]They gave us a choice between a more private unit but that one had attached porch( such a shud)

and the other one is more in a ally and that one has a private porch.

I can not have an attached porch.[/quote.

Regarding the attached porch, you can always put a divider. You buy a piece of thick fence in Home Depot or Lowe’s. I’m living there for years and plenty of people have done that. I do know someone who is leaving next month if you would be interested...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries