Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kitchen appliances budget. Looking for good but not expensiv

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 9:19 pm
I would like to get a package for all my kitchen appliances since we are building the kitchen from scratch with a limited budget. Which company do you recommend ?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 9:21 pm
We’re so far happy with our GE profile appliances... we have them for about a month now.

Dishwasher is ok- must use the dry boost in order for the dishes to dry so it does take a while to dry.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 9:33 pm
GE has refrigerators that work with Zman Technologies' Shabbos Keeper automatic Shabbos mode gizmo, and now is offering a new product for ranges: https://www.zmantechnologies.com/index

I would look at that GE first if you need to buy everything from one brand. They make good ranges.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 10:37 pm
It is generally better not to buy every appliance from the same brand because a brand might make a good oven but not a good refrigerator or a good dishwasher and a terrible refrigerator.

You should determine what your budget is and then research the best appliances in each category. I did a full kitchen remodel and my appliances are not all the same brand.

However, sometimes you can get a rebate or discount for buying a certain number of appliances in the same brand. This may or may not be a wise purchase. I shopped around a bit and found that I was able to negotiate a good rate because I was purchasing a whole bunch of appliances at the same time. I determined which appliances I wanted to buy and then asked various stores for their best price. Keep in mind that you should include delivery charges and sometimes installation. Insallation in my experience doesn't matter as much since my GC or plumber or electrician actually did the installation anyway.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Jul 02 2020, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 10:59 pm
Thank for the replies. GE Shabbos mode looks great. If we buy all the appliances from the same company We get a discount also It is A lot nicer that everything have the same design. We need to decide ASAP since we started the construction already. We Originally chose Kitchenaid but we just realized that we might not need such an expensive brand. We need to give the contractor an answer ASAP.
If we choose each appliance from another company Idk how can we figure out for each appliance what company is the best. It’s easier to choose one brand.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 11:09 pm
I just put in a new kitchen on a really tight budget (we did all carpentry ourselves, that's how tight it was) that being said, I walked into 2 stores and asked for best money conscious choice. They pretty much recommend the same things.

I got GE for fridge, microwave, oven and kitchen aid dishwashers. They also recommend a bosch dishwasher. Read reviews online before you get a GE dishwasher. If it doesn't clean or dry well, you'll probably regret it every time you used it and wished you had spent the extra money on it. (I know I would)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I just put in a new kitchen on a really tight budget (we did all carpentry ourselves, that's how tight it was) that being said, I walked into 2 stores and asked for best money conscious choice. They pretty much recommend the same things.

I got GE for fridge, microwave, oven and kitchen aid dishwashers. They also recommend a bosch dishwasher. Read reviews online before you get a GE dishwasher. If it doesn't clean or dry well, you'll probably regret it every time you used it and wished you had spent the extra money on it. (I know I would)

Sounds like a great choice. Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:15 am
I read that the Bosch dishwasher is better than Kitchenaid. It cleans better and much quieter. Is this correct?

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:18 am
Bosch dishwashers are among the most highly rated.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:34 am
I have an Adora stainless steel oven. Sealed burners, convection bake option, steam cleaning option (with conventional options for both). I really, really like it. It fits where our old traditional white four burner oven was but it must be a little bigger. It looks beautiful and bH is treating us really well. We bought a grate to put in the middle over the griddle.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:54 am
We are going to look at botch dishwasher. What model of botch do you recommend?
Also which is better top controls or front controls?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics