Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How am I going to get through the 4 month sleep regression?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 9:58 pm
It's about a week in, and I cant manage! It's so difficult! I'm scheduled to go back to work now, too! Any wise advice?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 10:47 pm
Do you feed your baby within the first 5 hours after bedtime? Getting rid of those feeds made a HUGE difference. Within 3 days he was sleeping straight until 3 am.

avocado7

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 10:49 pm
Write down what's easy and what isn't is it family slowing you down ?
Try connect to hashem every Morning and beg for his guidance. If only few minutes of your time. Give tzudakah ask forgiveness ask for directions -whatever ??
Make life real simple.
Clean & organize a bit "daily" depending on how much there's to do?
Easy quick meals. Until you can stand on your feet.
1 or 2 wash machines every day.
Cook shabbos a bit every day freeze it until Thursday night defrost.
Try sleep early - start day early, whatever works best for you? Doable or not ??
Some ideas hope it might help?

Last edited by avocado7 on Thu, Jul 02 2020, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 10:51 pm
What’s your baby’s bedtime? The first stretch is usually the longest so it makes a big difference if you can go to bed at the same time as the baby and get that stretch too. Yes, this means you’ll need to ignore all those people who tell you that babies need to be asleep by 6pm or something crazy. Baby does need the opportunity to sleep for at least 11 hours though so if you have to get him/her up early for daycare this is harder.

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 10:56 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
What’s your baby’s bedtime? The first stretch is usually the longest so it makes a big difference if you can go to bed at the same time as the baby and get that stretch too. Yes, this means you’ll need to ignore all those people who tell you that babies need to be asleep by 6pm or something crazy. Baby does need the opportunity to sleep for at least 11 hours though so if you have to get him/her up early for daycare this is harder.

Yes! Put your baby to sleep the latest that you can as long as you have 11 hours until wake time.
Try to be on top of wake times for naps and stick to a consistent bedtime. That will really help his circadian rhythm and make going to sleep easier.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:15 am
My baby get so tired though. She really is ready for bed by 7. I feel cruel forcing her to stay away and that doesn't help me much anyway- I need that time between 7-10 to clean up, prep for tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics