Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Masks and school
Previous  1  2  3  4

giselle

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:20 pm
Amarante wrote:
I have face shields; KN95 masks; surgical masks and cloth masks made from quilting fabric with a pocket for a disposable filter.

Shields are very easy to wear - much easier than a mask since it isn't directly on your face so you aren't tempted to fiddle with it. In high risk situations I wear a mask and the shield.

For kids, you might buy them a mask from zazzle which is personalized with the motif of their choice. Tiaras, super-hero, flowers etc. Kids love costumes so this is a way of making the experience fun.

For others, just get over it. Asian countries wear masks routinely and have for years with no untoward effects. It's an adjustment. Per Goldman Sachs - hardly a leftwing source of information - if everyone wore masks, 5% of the GNP would be saved which would be a huge boost to the economy.

https://www.zazzle.com/s/shields

I think most kids would be mortified to wear this. Unless everyone around you is going out like this.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 5:07 pm
eh lets see where we are at come september...in covid years thats like a lifetime

who knows we may wish this was our biggest problem or Moshiach may have already come IY"H

smss

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Please. I walked ten minutes to the doctor wearing a face mask and my heart rate when tested there was 128. Don't tell me that mask has no effect. I'm not the only one this is happening too.

There are a number of things that can raise your heart rate, including exercise and anxiety. Did they recheck it once you had sat down for a while?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 6:46 pm
OP:
you can assure your daughter that even if masks are mandatory in school, more than likely they won't be enforced and most kids will NOT wear them all day.
Her teacher isnt gonna throw her out of class if she removes her mask. Her principal wont throw her out of school if she removes her mask.
She can calm down. She'll deal with it if it actually comes to fruition. No use fretting about it now.

Aylat

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 5:11 pm
thanks wrote:
I don't understand how a teacher can conduct a class with mask.

I do all the time. I got used to it. My pupils hear me fine.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 8:28 pm
giselle wrote:
I think most kids would be mortified to wear this. Unless everyone around you is going out like this.

My kids would be mortified by the middle one because they know The Flash wears a red uniform and his symbol is on his chest, not his head.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 10:14 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Please. I walked ten minutes to the doctor wearing a face mask and my heart rate when tested there was 128. Don't tell me that mask has no effect. I'm not the only one this is happening too.

As a nurse, im merely raising an eyebrow. Your heart rate could have been your "active heart rate" from walking for 10 minutes, and it also could easily have been from you feeling stressed out about your mask. (Thinking "I cant breathe in this thing!"raises your anxiety level, easily increases your heart rate).

If it would have been causing you respiratory issues your oxygen saturation would have been low (measured by the pulse ox in your finger) and you would have exhibited signs of respiratory distress.

Neither any of my colleagues nor myself have ever had a low pulse ox or any other signs of respiratory distress after wearing our N95 TIGHT SEAL mask for hours (not your flimsy paper/cloth mask that lets air in!). Yes, we felt anxious, yes we felt "I cant breathe I cant breathe!". But physically, we're fine.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:19 am
giselle wrote:

I think if masks of some sort were made mandatory (seems likely), many younger kids would find these to be a fun option.

Time to think out of the box.

bobeli

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:36 am
I think the schools won’t require mask (at least in 3 state area) after the election 😀
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics