Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is Cleaning Help Worth It?
Previous  1  2  3

tichellady

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:12 am
I like to have cleaning help a few times a week or every other week because I find that once a week just doesn’t feel worth it. Before I had kids, once or twice a week felt perfect, but the effect lasted much longer. Right now we are doing every other week so I know my house will get a deep clean and all the sheets washed and changed etc at least on the week she comes

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:12 am
Get a scarf hangar and hang the swimsuits in the shower. They dry pretty quickly.
All the stuff that the cleaning lady uts aside needs to be sorted immediately or it just returns to its home on the couch/table/floor.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:47 am
Unless you have a full time housekeeper you will still have daily maintenance cleaning to do. But if she doesn’t come, you will have to do the deep cleaning in addition to that.

And just air dry the bathing suits, drying then every day will ruin them.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:52 am
It's totally worth it. Messy and dirty are two different things. Toys/dirty laundry/swim bags dont make the house dirty again, just messy. So when the house gets quiet, and you put away all random stuff, the house will probably be just as clean as the cleaning lady left it.

Regarding swim stuff: my kids dont always listen to me and hang it up to dry right away. Theyre kids. Sometimes I do it. Sometimes I'm busy other things and then I forget about it, so I'll later dump it in the wash machine. That's it. Bathing suits dont disintegrate when left in the bag. No reason to be APPALLED at OP's swim stuff situation.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics