Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you have Birkenstocks
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:11 am
do you love them? how long are you wearing them? do they require a breaking-in period? is it worth the money? do you wear them outside on Shabbos when you're dressed up more (I don't mean dressed for shul, but in a maxi or whatever)?
help decide if these are for me.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:27 am
I bought Birkenstock softbed after it being suggested here. Tnx the poster who suggested it. They're more comfortable than my sneakers that I swear by. It did require a break in period of abt 2-3 weeks. I bought the regular for dd and within 3-4 days she was fine. Maybe it took me longer cuz I'm older. I bought a color that I'd feel comfortable wearing it outside. For my DD too. They're not that old but so far I can say it's well worth the $ I spent.

amazingmommy

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:41 am
I have Birkenstocks and I love them. It required a week or so break in period. I have them for probably 2 years now. In my opinion- it is worth the money and I totally wear them outside as well.
Good luck:)

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:44 am
They sell so many different types. Please post which are best & where to buy them. Tx!

believeit

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:48 am
I bought mine 2years ago online sale. Love it. Could use a new pair now. I use it everyday

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:10 am
I've been waiting to get Birkens forever... need them to go below $50 for me to want to purchase them tho as I'd mostly use them in the house and I have perfectly good new crocs (my MIL gets them for me every few years and I've been wearing crocs every day since the day they were released).

happy chick

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:18 am
My sister once bought me a pair as a gift. I would wear them when I'm dressed up. But I don't love them. My feet sweat a lot and then I feel like they're all stinky. Crocs I can wash, so they're enjoy stinky. Also, I didn't find them comfortable without socks.

silverlining3

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:05 am
I have And really like it. I bought a color that can go for Shabbas as well. I got mine, brand ne, on eBay for $65. Yes it needs a few days to a week your feet to set in.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:25 am
happy chick wrote:
My sister once bought me a pair as a gift. I would wear them when I'm dressed up. But I don't love them. My feet sweat a lot and then I feel like they're all stinky. Crocs I can wash, so they're enjoy stinky. Also, I didn't find them comfortable without socks.

Interesting. Crocs is the worst for sweaty feet. That's what got me searching for slippers cuz dd feet are so sweaty. She actually showed me her tights after a few hours wearing her Birkenstock when it arrived. I was surprised to see that it's not wet.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:28 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
They sell so many different types. Please post which are best & where to buy them. Tx!

I have these. https://www.birkenstock.com/on.....1.jpg

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:50 am
tweety1 wrote:
I have these. https://www.birkenstock.com/on.....1.jpg

You can find good deals on Ebay so then they're definitely worth the money. Wink
Regular price is 120-150 and on ebay they go from 65 about and up.

I don't like the softbed, I b'davka like the regular (hard) footbed.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:51 am
While many people like this, they are very painful for thise who have flat feet.

I tried to break them in and bought the ones that theoretically were softer but they were impossible for me to wear comfortably because the arch was too high and/or hit in the wrong place. I tried out several kinds of comfort shoes.

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
While many people like this, they are very painful for thise who have flat feet.

I tried to break them in and bought the ones that theoretically were softer but they were impossible for me to wear comfortably because the arch was too high and/or hit in the wrong place. I tried out several kinds of comfort shoes.

I have very flat feet - I used to wear arches.
It took me a week or two to break into my Birkenstocks and now I love them. Very supportive and comfortable .

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:54 am
I had slippers, clogs really, from LL Bean that I wore for 15 years until they finally disintegrated. I was on my feet a lot at home, especially on Fridays, and my feet and back were killing me. I bought a pair of Birkenstocks and they've been amazing! I bought them through rakuten and shoes.com so I could take advantage of a sale and cash back because they're quite expensive, but I decided that they're worth it. I figure if I wear them for another 10-15 years then I'll end up spending less per year for slippers than if I had to buy a few cheaper pairs that would wear out faster.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:12 pm
cnc wrote:
I have very flat feet - I used to wear arches.
It took me a week or two to break into my Birkenstocks and now I love them. Very supportive and comfortable .

I mentioned it took me longer than the average to break into them. Maybe it's because of my very flat feet. Always had problems/still do buying shoes. I can't wear flat shoes. I must have some type of heel.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:41 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I had slippers, clogs really, from LL Bean that I wore for 15 years until they finally disintegrated. I was on my feet a lot at home, especially on Fridays, and my feet and back were killing me. I bought a pair of Birkenstocks and they've been amazing! I bought them through rakuten and shoes.com so I could take advantage of a sale and cash back because they're quite expensive, but I decided that they're worth it. I figure if I wear them for another 10-15 years then I'll end up spending less per year for slippers than if I had to buy a few cheaper pairs that would wear out faster.

They're not lasting you 10-15 years. Even if you buy the leather ones, the cork goes. You can put on cork sealer, but it won't last that long with everyday wear.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:57 pm
My back thanks my slippers every day.

Wearing them for five years...

I wear the clogs, don’t have to worry about wholes in socks.

Beware when buying cheap that is authentic.

Elmers glue is a great sealer for the cork. Bonus it doesn’t ruin your clothes like the Birkenstock sealer.

Just bought the shoes

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:05 pm
I have terribly flat feet. Still breaking into them over 6 weeks later.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:06 pm
OP here. thanks for all the replies.
questions I have: what is the difference between soft and hard bed? also, is there good imitations? how do I make sure I don't get an imitation? if it says Birkenstock on the buckle is that good enough of a sign?

how can I use elmers glue to seal the cork, when I buy them?

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here. thanks for all the replies.
questions I have: what is the difference between soft and hard bed? also, is there good imitations? how do I make sure I don't get an imitation? if it says Birkenstock on the buckle is that good enough of a sign?

how can I use elmers glue to seal the cork, when I buy them?

I bought mine directly from Birkenstock cuz I wanted to make sure I get the real one. I'm too afraid if scammers.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics