Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Non distanced wedding
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:42 am
My sibling is getting married this summer In nj with no precautions. Both sides are struggling financially and so decisions are all being made with consideration to cost. I’m sure a lot of people won’t attend so it won’t be as crowded as usual. I’m so nervous about attending this wedding with my family but also I can’t miss it

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:47 am
My brother got married a week after Purim, while COVID was raging and no one cared. The official rule was no more than 50 people, but there were a couple hundred.
I walked around with a mini Purell in my hand the entire wedding, stood by myself in the back by the chuppah, only danced with the kallah (purelled before and after), and stayed in the groom’s suite by myself the rest of the wedding.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My sibling is getting married this summer In nj with no precautions. Both sides are struggling financially and so decisions are all being made with consideration to cost. I’m sure a lot of people won’t attend so it won’t be as crowded as usual. I’m so nervous about attending this wedding with my family but also I can’t miss it

Doesn't it cost less when you keep it small and only invite immediate family?

I haven't been to any weddings in the last few months but I saw pictures posted from a few backyard weddings that were limited to 20-ish people and I have never seen anything so beautiful. When you have x amount of dollars in your budget and you are spending it on 20-30 instead of hundreds you can really be fancy and come in under budget.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:38 am
It is a real issue.

I brought and wore a mask (you can get one that matches your dress Smile

brought hand santiizer

stayed outside as much as possible, and did SD

did not eat and drink there (had stuff in my car)

and told everyone beforehand this is what I would be doing (and more) due to Dr.'s orders

hatzlocha!

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:40 am
Do you have a reason to be nervous? Is it dangerous for you to get Covid?

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:48 am
SuperWify wrote:
Do you have a reason to be nervous? Is it dangerous for you to get Covid?

Most people aren't nervous for themselves. They are nervous they'll spread it to people that it is dangerous for. While the chance of someone in Lakewood getting it now is basically impossible thats because the whole town was exposed already. If you have a wedding full of people from places where cases are on the rise and people who are coming from cities that are not exposed, there is a chance (albeit still small) that it can get passed there.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:53 am
I'm in a similar situation. I don't want to get my face done by a makeup artist whose brushes have touched a million faces. I don't want to run around looking for a dress in places where no one is SD. I don't want to attend a wedding where no one cares about this. I really don't know what to do.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:59 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I'm in a similar situation. I don't want to get my face done by a makeup artist whose brushes have touched a million faces. I don't want to run around looking for a dress in places where no one is SD. I don't want to attend a wedding where no one cares about this. I really don't know what to do.

I brought my own brushes, eyeliner, mascara, lashes (including glue and tweezers), and lipstick

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:02 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I brought my own brushes, eyeliner, mascara, lashes (including glue and tweezers), and lipstick

I went one step further and bought my own primer, foundation, contour kit, setting powder, and blush, and plan to do it myself. (I don't like the painted eye look so that makes it half the job).

And no, I don't know what I'm doing (but Youtube does). Another reason to wear a face mask I guess.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:09 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Most people aren't nervous for themselves. They are nervous they'll spread it to people that it is dangerous for. While the chance of someone in Lakewood getting it now is basically impossible thats because the whole town was exposed already. If you have a wedding full of people from places where cases are on the rise and people who are coming from cities that are not exposed, there is a chance (albeit still small) that it can get passed there.

You don't KNOW that!
You are assuming, at best hoping, that this is the case. But you don't actually know that.

Also- just because you were exposed and didn't get sick DOES NOT mean that you can't be exposed again and get it

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
You don't KNOW that!
You are assuming, at best hoping, that this is the case. But you don't actually know that.

Also- just because you were exposed and didn't get sick DOES NOT mean that you can't be exposed again and get it

You are right. I said basically impossible. Not impossible. There haven't been new cases though.

(Also not sure if the "you" is referring to me or not but we tested positive so we know we got it, yes I know we don't know if we can get it again, thank you).

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:14 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
You are right. I said basically impossible. Not impossible. There haven't been new cases though.

(Also not sure if the "you" is referring to me or not but we tested positive so we know we got it, yes I know we don't know if we can get it again, thank you).

"You" meaning one.
And there have been new cases in Lakewood. Rising very slowly, every day.
At least according to the information I've been reading.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:15 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I went one step further and bought my own primer, foundation, contour kit, setting powder, and blush, and plan to do it myself. (I don't like the painted eye look so that makes it half the job).

And no, I don't know what I'm doing (but Youtube does). Another reason to wear a face mask I guess.

Oh that’s a really good idea!
I also brought my own eyeshadow and anything eye related (and lips!) I let the MUA use her own face stuff, but with my brushes

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:19 am
You don't KNOW that!

Eventually it’s possible to get it again.

But At this point no one has gotten it again so I don’t think you have to rely on the chance if that happening now. (And I’m careful but understand why ppl who have gotten it aren’t at the moment)

Ppl in the tristate wedding aren’t making weddings with 20 ppl. Dancing is regular packed numbers.
And making outdoor weddings cost $$$ according to ppl I spoke to. It’s not a huge money saver.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:20 am
"You" meaning one.
And there have been new cases in Lakewood. Rising very slowly, every day.
At least according to the information I've been reading.

What’s information?. Official counts have avg 5/day for a while now. With one day to zero. Mostly old cases and asymptomatic.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
What’s information?. Official counts have avg 5/day for a while now. With one day to zero. Mostly old cases and asymptomatic.

One day was 5
Next day was 6
Next day was 10

These are not worrisome numbers at all. But if you look at other countries and how the numbers rose for their second wave then you see a trend.

No, numbers will not go up over night. But give it a few weeks and you will start to see significant increases especially if people are not careful.

I really hope that I am wrong about this. I have never wanted to be more wrong.
But throwing precautions out the window, when all the existing information we have says not too, is just foolish

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:

According to Dr Aaron Glatt, Lakewood recently had a few new cases so you may want to look into it. It looks like visitors from Florida spread it. I am a bubby and not a health department official so don't take my word for it but don't imagine that everyone in Lakewood is protected by herd immunity unless the DOH says it is.

A friend of mine married off her daughter last week and her husband is 67 with underlying conditions. His doctor told him to wear a mask and a face shield and sit far from the maddening crowd, which he did and he avoided the dancing. Much of the event was outside.

thriver

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:52 am
You can try and order a dress online? Mazal Tov! And hatzlacha with all the prep. I feel your anxiety and stress... difficult to fully celebrate simchos these days... 🤗

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:59 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:

There have been new cases in Lakewood because people are coming from Florida and bringing the virus with them. They actually announced this in Lakewood, and I personally know someone who just contracted coronavirus from somebody who came from Florida.

If you did not get it yet or are immunocompromised, you can STILL GET IT once you walk out of your little Lakewood bubble.

Please be careful!!!

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:02 am
One day was 5
Next day was 6
Next day was 10

These are not worrisome numbers at all. But if you look at other countries and how the numbers rose for their second wave then you see a trend.

No, numbers will not go up over night. But give it a few weeks and you will start to see significant increases especially if people are not careful.

I really hope that I am wrong about this. I have never wanted to be more wrong.
But throwing precautions out the window, when all the existing information we have says not too, is just foolish

I guess it depends on which location. In some Lakewood sub-communities 90% of people already had it (my son's class tested 29 out of 30 positive for antibodies) so it's unlikely cases in Lakewood will get much higher. Still, even one person who gets sick is still a person who gets sick.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics