Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hair Salon with little safety precautions

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:58 am
I went to my hair salon yesterday which recently reopened and was upset to see that there were very little safety precautions taken, such as people not wearing masks, no plexiglass, etc. I want to give them my business but I also have to be careful due to my husband's and my age, and my husband's health considerations.
WWYD?

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:35 am
Reopening is not necessarily applicable to people who are high risk.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:49 am
I was going as a customer. Wanted a haircut

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Reopening is not necessarily applicable to people who are high risk.

It should be. All the people who pushed for reopening (including myself) said that they will be careful, just get things started again.

Now no one cares about those who are vulnerable. It's a pity because there are small steps everyone can take to make others feel safe. By not following them, they are just proving those who were against reopening right.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was going as a customer. Wanted a haircut

Yes, I understand that

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:57 am
WWYD? Personally id find someplace else or someone cutting hair in their home with the health regulations in place.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:59 am
I always ask if there’s precautions taken before going somewhere. Plenty of people with take precautions too if you request. When I get an ice coffee somewhere I’ll ask the worker to change their gloves and put in their mask. Most don’t have an issue complying. If someone does I’ll take my business else where.

I recently went to a few people’s homes who were selling items. I always call in advance, asked for a private appointment, asked them if they could wear a mask and leave windows and doors open if possible and if their children and spouse would stay out of the room while I was there.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went to my hair salon yesterday which recently reopened and was upset to see that there were very little safety precautions taken, such as people not wearing masks, no plexiglass, etc. I want to give them my business but I also have to be careful due to my husband's and my age, and my husband's health considerations.
WWYD?

Don't go. People that are high risk or around high risk individuals shouldn't be going out yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics