Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
White Skirt Alert
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:15 am
This is a psa

Please please check yourself out in the mirror (back end) before leaving the house in a white skirt. Especially the tight spandex kind.

I saw you in the grocery yesterday and was mortified for you. It was... not a pretty sight. But how do you tell a stranger her cellulite was on display?? I dont want to see

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:20 am
Oy!! and please check yourself to make sure youre not completely see -through! sometimes it seems fine indoors but when you go out in the bright sunlight...

giselle

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:24 am
And don’t wear any color skirt that shows underwear lines...

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is a psa

Please please check yourself out in the mirror (back end) before leaving the house in a white skirt. Especially the tight spandex kind.

I saw you in the grocery yesterday and was mortified for you. It was... not a pretty sight. But how do you tell a stranger her cellulite was on display?? I dont want to see

Please focus your eyes on your grocery shopping. Another woman’s cellulite is none of your business.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is a psa

I apologize that my fat is so repulsive to you that you need to announce it to tens of thousands of women.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:32 am
You could have just left it as:
PSA, if you are wearing a light or white skirt, do a double check of your backside to make sure you are not inadvertently revealing anything you don't want to share.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I apologize that my fat is so repulsive to you that you need to announce it to tens of thousands of women.

Exactly.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
You could have just left it as:
PSA, if you are wearing a light or white skirt, do a double check of your backside to make sure you are not inadvertently revealing anything you don't want to share.

The OP also could have just left it in her head.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:35 am
Or you can all say thank you and check yourselves again before leaving the house. Gosh, so defensive!

(I hate white skirts, don't own any.)

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Exactly.

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin’ world go ‘round. Tongue Out

I feel really sorry for people that are so concerned with others’ looks that they have time during a grocery shop to notice this stuff. OP, I sincerely hope you found all the groceries you were looking for. Maybe next time buy online in case you see a fashion faux pas.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:36 am

You arent fat. Cellulite doesn’t discriminate. You were actually a beautiful classy woman but you just picked the wrong skirt to wear. There were about 100 other shoppers in the store- men included. Many of them saw it too.

I’m just trying to help a sista out!

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Or you can all say thank you and check yourselves again before leaving the house. Gosh, so defensive!

(I hate white skirts, don't own any.)

I think I am going to go and buy a white skirt now, to show off my curves. Thanks for the fashion inspiration.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You arent fat. Cellulite doesn’t discriminate. You were actually a beautiful classy woman but you just picked the wrong skirt to wear. There were about 100 other shoppers in the store- men included. Many of them saw it too.

I’m just trying to help a sista out!

So what? Only skinny people get to show off their bodies? Nope.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:39 am
Does no one wear slips anymore? I mean, I wouldn't wear a white skirt these days because I still have grubby-handed little kids but I always wear a slip under a skirt so I don't have to worry about any of this

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:41 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
The OP also could have just left it in her head.

Excuse me, but we are allowed to spread awareness. Some posters get so defensive as if OP is talking to you personally. There are women that aren't dressed appropriately and we're allowed to spread awareness. This is a frum site after all, isn't it?

4g01o

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:42 am
I wouldn't even have noticed, I'm so unobservant! I go in to do my shopping, not look at others fashion mistakes Smile

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:45 am
Sams Fashion makes comfortable thick skirts that comes in white too. I wear it a lot in the summer. And no panty line shows out.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Fat bottomed girls make the rockin’ world go ‘round. Tongue Out

I feel really sorry for people that are so concerned with others’ looks that they have time during a grocery shop to notice this stuff. OP, I sincerely hope you found all the groceries you were looking for. Maybe next time buy online in case you see a fashion faux pas.

If a women trying to spread awareness to frum women makes you so angry, leave this thread.
Many women appreciate being told because they're simply unaware that their skirts are see through or clingy. Just yesterday a women passed my house her skirt was so see through that her legs showed perfectly. It seemed like she just didn't know that her skirt is see through because in sunlight everything shows more. Most women want to look good and don't do it on purpose.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Excuse me, but we are allowed to spread awareness. Some posters get so defensive as if OP is talking to you personally. There are women that aren't dressed appropriately and we're allowed to spread awareness. This is a frum site after all, isn't it?

I wasn't aware that fat shaming was a frum value.

Panty line showing, OK. Reminder of issues with backlighting, go for it.

Fat shaming. body shaming, how dare you show lumps and bumps? Nope.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:52 am
I wasn't aware that fat shaming was a frum value.

Panty line showing, OK. Reminder of issues with backlighting, go for it.

Fat shaming. body shaming, how dare you show lumps and bumps? Nope.

I don't see fat shaming here. This applies to skinny and not skinny women alike.
I have a neighbor that her nipples were always showing from her tops, it made everyone uncomfortable but we didn't want to approach her. One day another neighbor pointed it out and she was so so thankful. Sometimes when we look in the mirror we don't see what others see.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics