Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Your experience with Dr. Jenna Winokur

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 3:57 pm
My kids just had a visit with Dr. Jenna and she is saying they both have a bunch of cavities and need a bunch of crowns, fillings and an extraction.

She does SEEM trustworthy, and great with kids. but I want to know if I should get a second opinion. Has anyone have any experience of her over diagnosing?

Also does anyone have any recommendations of other dentists that take jersey care / aetna better health?

TIA

oneofakind

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 4:17 pm
Of course second opinion ideally with someone who doesn't take Jersey care.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My kids just had a visit with Dr. Jenna and she is saying they both have a bunch of cavities and need a bunch of crowns, fillings and an extraction.

She does SEEM trustworthy, and great with kids. but I want to know if I should get a second opinion. Has anyone have any experience of her over diagnosing?

Also does anyone have any recommendations of other dentists that take jersey care / aetna better health?

TIA

Get another opinion. Dont consent to surgical option without clearly stating what will and will not be treated. My son woke up from surgery with almost more crowns than white teeth.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:12 pm
Don’t know what insurance he takes, but we switched to Dr Jay because we were told my daughter needed a crown or something like that by another dentist, and Dr Jay was able to just put in a white filling. We never looked back, and my kids love going there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Don’t know what insurance he takes, but we switched to Dr Jay because we were told my daughter needed a crown or something like that by another dentist, and Dr Jay was able to just put in a white filling. We never looked back, and my kids love going there.

I wish I could go there! They don't take Jersey care.

I can still use a recommendation of a jersey care dentist if anyone has? Pretty please Batting Eyelashes

emi1812

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:21 am
Winokor’s office tends to have a condescending attitude toward parents when they find cavities. My kid was getting cavities despite proper oral hygiene and not eating sugary things. I took my kid to a different practice and the dentist pointed out that my daughter has enamel hypoplasia, a developmental dental disorder where the body isn’t able to produce enough enamel, which causes a person to be more prone to tooth decay aka cavities. It’s NOT caused by poor oral hygiene or foods one eats. There‘s nothing to do about it other than maintaining good oral hygiene habits to minimize the extent of decay.

Anyhow, Dr Winokur’s office completely missed this, despite the obvious signs (e.g. little indents on the surfaces of the teeth) due to their biased, negative attitude w/ cavities.
I switched my kid to Shore Dental (Dr Sherman’s practice) and never looked back! They take jersey care too. The dentists there are great at what they do, and they’re more pleasant to interact with and caring. When my kid got anxious from the numbing sensation of the Novocain, the dentist actually called me later to see how she’s doing!

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:25 am
I

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:27 am
& I switched to Jackson

raich

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 3:47 pm
I second the recommendation for Shore Children's Dental Care!! They are incredible especially with DC who has dental anxiety and an incredible gag reflex, in addition to hypoplastic tooth enamel. I have only nice things to say about them, dentists and hygienists alike. I'm so happy I changed from my other dentist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries