Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Unicorn-Monster Truck Birthday Ideas

RuralIma

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:05 pm
Calling all creative imas!

Our son is turning 7 at the end of the month and before Corona he said he wanted a unicorn-monster truck themed birthday at a roller rink. I found him a unicorn monster truck toy, I was going to have my sister (pastry chef) do the cake, etc etc. Obviously now most of the plans have changed but he has confirmed that the theme has not (well, technically he added that he wanted a unicorn-monster truck-horse-construction truck-hot rod-race car birthday LOL but BH he agreed to pick 2 and save the other ideas for other birthdays)

So far all we have is a theme and he said he wants a pinata and a chocolate cake (but doesn't care if it's cupcakes/cake pops as long as it's chocolate). It's most likely just going to be the three of us, my dad said he wanted to come up and suggested we could hang out outside, social distance and wear masks. He bought remote control monster trucks and said he would make an arena to put in the drive way which sounds super cool, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with him coming . . . but that's probably just my own extreme paranoia/anxiety when it comes to people I love. Confused

Does anyone have any fun food ideas that would fit with unicorns and/or monster trucks?
Other game/activity options?
Ideas about how to safely serve food if my dad does come up?

Thanks!

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:15 pm
I’m laughing at the theme because this sounds like my kids! (It was difficult fitting all those requests into one Purim costume let me tell you!)

How about:
Pin the horn on the unicorn
Monster truck racing
A little rainbow paint project- (they often have these little kits in the dollar store)

I hope it works out with your father, I’m sure he’d be so happy to spend the birthday together.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:17 pm
I love it! Your son sounds like a character who knows what he likes.

Remote control monster trucks sounds like a great socially distanced activity. You can set up separate tables outside with food that are far enough apart that you can sit and eat comfortably without masks on.

It's probably easier to find a unicorn pinata than a monster truck one. You can fill it with small toys or keepsakes as well as candy since you won't have a bunch of kids all clamoring for nosh.

If you're dividing up food then cupcakes or other individual foods make more sense than a big cake. Or your sister can make a big cake for your table and a smaller version for your dad.

Is your son artistic? Would he enjoy doing some sort of craft?

RuralIma

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:36 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I’m laughing at the theme because this sounds like my kids! (It was difficult fitting all those requests into one Purim costume let me tell you!)

How about:
Pin the horn on the unicorn
Monster truck racing
A little rainbow paint project- (they often have these little kits in the dollar store)

Thank you! Pin the horn on the unicorn sounds fun, we could put it up on the garage door.

Rutabaga wrote:

love it! Your son sounds like a character who knows what he likes.

Remote control monster trucks sounds like a great socially distanced activity. You can set up separate tables outside with food that are far enough apart that you can sit and eat comfortably without masks on.

It's probably easier to find a unicorn pinata than a monster truck one. You can fill it with small toys or keepsakes as well as candy since you won't have a bunch of kids all clamoring for nosh.

If you're dividing up food then cupcakes or other individual foods make more sense than a big cake. Or your sister can make a big cake for your table and a smaller version for your dad.

Is your son artistic? Would he enjoy doing some sort of craft?

Omg yes, sometimes I wish I could record the things he says.

Tables far apart are a great idea!

I like the idea of toys instead of a bunch of candy, I was trying to figure out what to fill it with without him having weeks worth of candy lol

He loves crafts! Painting, drawing, building things, paper crafts, etc. Unfortunately my brain doesn't work that way so it's sometimes hard for me to think of things. He usually just tells me what he needs and figures out projects.

Thank you both!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children