Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Chesed - giving or receiving

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:00 am
A friend just left my house now and I'm in awe of her. Tbh she's more of an acquaintance, or someone I see periodically at women's shiuirim and community events, which makes it even more inspiring for me.

She text out of the blue to say 'I'm not working this month and my kids are in gan/maon til 4pm, I'd like to come to you every week for 2 hours to help out' - now I've 4 kids under 4 and expecting my 5th so I jumped at the chance! She's Ethiopian and an amaaaazing cook so I asked her to show me how to cook and she not only made the most delicious ktzitzot and rice (this is the recipe for ktzitzot but she added more spices https://www.foodsdictionary.co...../5083), she gave me tons of ideas for daily menus and shabbos. It seriously made my week!

People have done so many crazily kind things for me, I can't even begin to recount them all, but this was just an example for today.

Anyone have any chesed to share??

gold2

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:33 am
That is so nice! Bh you had such a friend to help you when you needed it and also that you were able to accept the help happily, you both gained.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A friend just left my house now and I'm in awe of her. Tbh she's more of an acquaintance, or someone I see periodically at women's shiuirim and community events, which makes it even more inspiring for me.

She text out of the blue to say 'I'm not working this month and my kids are in gan/maon til 4pm, I'd like to come to you every week for 2 hours to help out' - now I've 4 kids under 4 and expecting my 5th so I jumped at the chance! She's Ethiopian and an amaaaazing cook so I asked her to show me how to cook and she not only made the most delicious ktzitzot and rice (this is the recipe for ktzitzot but she added more spices https://www.foodsdictionary.co...../5083), she gave me tons of ideas for daily menus and shabbos. It seriously made my week!

People have done so many crazily kind things for me, I can't even begin to recount them all, but this was just an example for today.

Anyone have any chesed to share??

You are probably a very nice person whom people are happy to help, and you can use it. And it's possible, maybe even likely, that these people were helped when they were younger and are now passing it on. B'shaa tova!

I wasn't going to go amother for the first paragraph but will because of the second. Years ago we had lice in my family. A very kind woman had me bring my kids to her every day and she picked out the lice, and even served my kids lunch. I was really desperate at that point but she wouldn't take anything from me. (I was able to do a small thing for her, but it was really a small thing.)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:29 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
You are probably a very nice person whom people are happy to help, and you can use it. And it's possible, maybe even likely, that these people were helped when they were younger and are now passing it on. B'shaa tova!

I wasn't going to go amother for the first paragraph but will because of the second. Years ago we had lice in my family. A very kind woman had me bring my kids to her every day and she picked out the lice, and even served my kids lunch. I was really desperate at that point but she wouldn't take anything from me. (I was able to do a small thing for her, but it was really a small thing.)

Aw, many thanks! She's the same age as me (in her 20s) - I think she's incredible. If I had free time all day I'd probably go to sleep! It gave me a lot of chizuk to actively look for opportunities to help others.

Lice picking really is true chesed! I remember when I was in hospital after #2 was born, my friend collected my daughter, treated her lice and gave her lunch before dropping her off to DH and didn't even tell anyone she did it (only found out about it from a gannenet worker years later).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational