Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen at risk

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:11 am
Looking for a support group for parents going trhough difficulty with teens . My frum ds is going trhough a stage of having big nisyoines and tavas, he even cried to his principal to help him out and admitted that he watched somewhere the worst things .( Dont even wanna think what he saw) but at the same time I'm also very bothered by it . It really affected me and of course my child too. It bothers me that he is a very Frum kid and he is a holy neshuma, He is my only chassidish ds . Everyone respects him for that. It's just that he has strong strong nisyoines. can anyone clarify to me how normal this is for teens to have such strong emotions or feelings, tavas . I'm so lost with how to deal with that . I always knew he was struggling with communication and being impulsive. We took care of it . Things gotten better for a while and then again things came up. I myself am by now emotionally drained. Did anyone ever had this with a child and things gotten better? I'm very heartbroken.
Can anyone help me handel this or can direct me somewhere for support???

Zehava

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 9:24 am
He’s a healthy teenage boy with raging hormones. Yes, it’s normal. Our society pathologizes healthy human development.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 9:51 am
Zehava wrote:
He’s a healthy teenage boy with raging hormones. Yes, it’s normal. Our society pathologizes healthy human development.

So true
At the same time OP- it’s great that you’re reaching out for support when you feel you need it. That’s brave. I wish you luck in finding the proper support
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children