Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Comfortable masks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:25 am
Looking for links for comfortable masks that don't fog up the glasses.
Going back to work and having to wear a mask for 8 hours. They fog up my glasses so badly that I keep on taking it off and adjusting them.

Edited to amother for personal info.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:31 am
Does the plastic shield fog up glasses? It's not exactly a mask but everywhere I know of that requires masks accepts it in liu

esther11

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:38 am
I also have glasses and it gets really difficult...here are a few different little hacks that help:

- Position your mask a little higher on your nose bridge and have your glasses a little lower so that they overlap. I find that this helps lessen the fog.

- You can fold up a tissue and lay it in a strip under the top edge of your mask (over nose bride and top of your cheeks). It helps dissipate the air so it really doesn’t fog up glasses. I find that this is super effective, but it gets a little gross if you get sweaty...

- If possible, it’s worth considering contact lenses...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:57 am
OP here. It's really my husband who needs a good mask.
He drives a school bus and is mandated to wear a mask.
Face shields create a blurry angle when driving. They obstruct part of his view and he keeps shifting them to drive safely.
And most masks fog up his glasses.
Any ideas.

Petra

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:34 am
If he is wearing a disposable mask with the thin elastic ear loops, then he should twist the ear loop, turning the upper side of the elastic toward his face and then positioning it under the ear and then the bottom part of the loop is then on the top. This makes the top of the mask around his eyes and nose a little bit tighter and prevents air leakage from his breath to come up the top of the mask. It may not always work for every face shape but give it a try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics