Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Electrolysis- Makes sense?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:59 am
Looking into getting upper lip done and I spoke to a person who does electrolysis. She said it takes an hour a session. Didn't think it would take so long. Does it make sense?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:29 pm
I'm an electrologist so I'm in the know. Basically, upper lip has a bunch of little hairs and when they are all there together, it gives this heavy moustache look. By thinning it (removing a few hair from every area) it already makes it look much better. I never work on anybody's upper lip for more than 20/30 mins.

Its a very painful area to have this treatment done and therefore its good to keep it short. Also, it looks great after a few minutes.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:48 pm
Go for 20 minute sessions. It's too much otherwise. She'll start with the darker hairs. And the next week she'll continue with the hairs that are left.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:48 pm
Thank you for responding!

How much is a typical price to pay, and how long would the whole process take?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:51 pm
I think I pay $1.20 a minute or something like that. How long it takes depends on how much hair you have and how thick it is. It could take 2 years of going once a month. Really depends.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I think I pay $1.20 a minute or something like that. How long it takes depends on how much hair you have and how thick it is. It could take 2 years of going once a month. Really depends.

Who do you use?

Looking for good rec in Boro Park

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:02 pm
I would suggest you go at least every 14 days, otherwise its a waste of time altogether. You have to catch the hairs when its still in its earliest growing stage. After a few months you can space it out a bit more.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:05 pm
It’s a very painful area.
I could only handle 5-10 minute appointments.
Emla didn’t seem to help either.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:05 pm
Ooh, I need advice. Please help- especially Amother wine.

DD 17 has terrible sideburns.
Electrolysis or laser?
Please guide me.
She is resistant to doing anything as she is pain adverse and scared of a negative reaction.

She is also afraid to try the Flawless as isn't it shaving and won't it leave stubble which is worse?

She got a terrible rash from waxing her exebrows at European wax center, not sure if it was the wax or the moisturizer and last night she broke out from Clearacil.

I need a solution which will not be too painful and will not cause a reaction.

FYI, I would use lidocaine cream for pain, but that makes the skin leathery and is defeating the purpose.

Help.
Thank you

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:18 pm
From my experience, the sideburns are really not so painful but the results are beautiful. It really gives this new clean look to the face. Depending on how much your daughter has, she would need somewhere between 30 /40 mins for both sides together.

Maybe check with the electrologist if its ok to come for a trial. I do that for beginners which allows them to decide if they can handle the pain.

I do have some clients who come to have their sideburns waxed but slowly some are starting to change over to electrolysis.

With laser, you can only have it done once every 6 weeks so she will be stuck in between with the hairs which started growing. With electrolysis, she can come back for a session as soon as she sees new growth.

My clients who have their sides or neck done find the sessions very relaxing as its not as painful as the other areas.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who do you use?

Looking for good rec in Boro Park

Gubitz. I only have a cell phone number, so you can PM me.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:28 pm
Without giving yourself (or myself) away, where are you located?
Are you in the US, Israel?
Are you Brooklyn, Monsey/Monroe/upstate,
Lakewood,
OOT?
I would love to take her to someone I could trust and not just a storefront I find.

She is really hairy- it extends down to her jawline and goes back to her hairline under the ear.

renslet

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:41 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
From my experience, the sideburns are really not so painful

My clients who have their sides or neck done find the sessions very relaxing as its not as painful as the other areas.

I did my sideburns in my early twenties, was painful but bearable, the results have lasted for years. I also did under my chin and neck area, way, way more painful and the hair comes back every pregnancy

happyness

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:43 pm
I use Janet on Bay Parkway. She gives lidocaine injections so that the area is completely numb and pain free.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:30 pm
How about chin hair is it very painful..so nervous but need a solution?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:39 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
How about chin hair is it very painful..so nervous but need a solution?

Obviously everything is sensitive, but chin is less sensitive than upper lip.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:48 pm
I did electrolysis for my sideburns and B"H it was amazing. I did it in my teens and so far it's lasted 20 years.

I need to do my upper lip but never did because I'm so afraid of the pain. My sideburns were painful but tolerable (with Emla cream).

I've heard people do novocaine at a dentist for their upper lips. Has anyone done that?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:59 pm
happyness wrote:
I use Janet on Bay Parkway. She gives lidocaine injections so that the area is completely numb and pain free.

Do u have a contact number?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Without giving yourself (or myself) away, where are you located?
Are you in the US, Israel?
Are you Brooklyn, Monsey/Monroe/upstate,
Lakewood,
OOT?
I would love to take her to someone I could trust and not just a storefront I find.

She is really hairy- it extends down to her jawline and goes back to her hairline under the ear.

I'm don't live in the USA so I guess I can't treat her...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:42 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Do u have a contact number?

Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics