Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Starting salary if entering work force in 30s male
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:31 pm
What is a starter salary to be expected for a man with a good amount of business skills just starting to look for work for office/retail/nursing home/business.

Raindropsonrose

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:38 pm
Starting salaries aren’t a function of how old you are, or your gender. They’re a function of supply and demand.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:41 pm
just asking to see what we can expect. Does anyone have a ballpark amount for general office/retail/business work for someone who is put together, professional but has no experience yet ?

QueensMama

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:49 pm
What will he be doing in these jobs? Office janitor? Office manager? What skills does he have to offer? How saturated is the job market in your area? Etc, etc?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:52 pm
Office manager/professional office work, human resources...

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:57 pm
Starting salary in DH business is less than $1000 a week, especially with no experience. If someone is experienced in a certain field and they're looking for someone with experience in that field, the person usually asks for an amount and they try to match it if they see he's experienced enough and he'll be an asset to the company.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:58 pm
Look up entry level salaries for those positions, to get an idea.
With no experience, that's where he will need to start....
Can he take some sort of course or training in whichever field he is looking in to?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is a serious question. Do people really hire people with no experience to be office managers? Don't you need to work yourself up somewhat?

How can you manage others if you have no experience in the field?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
This is a serious question. Do people really hire people with no experience to be office managers? Don't you need to work yourself up somewhat?

It's a real problem.
That's why I suggested OP look into some sort of course or training. Outside of klei kodesh, it's not simple to start looking for a first job in your 30s. Even in the secular world (if you want to compare), PhD candidates who don't get a professorship till that age have likely been TAs etc for a few years.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

yeah they do.

My sister was working for several years in a frum company, when they hired a supervisor with virtually no experience to be manager. Because ch'v that they make a woman be the supervisor, so they hired a guy for that.

she soon got sick of him driving her crazy and distracting her from getting work done, and realizing she was never going to advance in that place, she left for a better position. The boss was furious and couldn't understand why....

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

probably in the 30K range, I would guess. If you are lucky.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:32 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
probably in the 30K range, I would guess. If you are lucky.

Right. The typical starting salary is between $600-$700 a week.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:41 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

This
I'm a recruiter
Never had someone hire a candidate for a managerial position with no experience.

He can expect 50-60k in salary for an entry level position.

You say he has experience. If that's true then he is not an entry level.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:51 pm
Can we discuss the salaries for starting position for married man vs single or even married woman? Banging head Punch

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:54 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Can we discuss the salaries for starting position for married man vs single or even married woman? Banging head Punch

Yes, married men have a family to support and therefore are entitled to a higher wage. You are just a woman, that's why you don't know these things.

Yes, that is sarcasm.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:13 pm
Im in a lkwd family of a bunch if brothers and bils who left kollel early 30s all geshikt. Starting salary is around 60k if ur lucky. Look out fora job with potential for growth... if ur wondering why there are so many Frum accts and lawyers it's bec 60k is enough to get u kicked off of programs and youll be worse off than before work. They need to start at over 100k to make it worth leaving learning

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:20 pm
Ok this is where imamother fantasy land gets on my nerves.

Where in heavnes name are there STARTING salaries for entry level positions starting at $60K??

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Where in heavnes name are there STARTING salaries for entry level positions starting at $60K??

In my experience, starting salary is more towards $30K-$40K. $60K is definitely not the typical starting salary.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Don't worry it really IS fantasy. Unless you're related to the owner that is....

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

I just assumed Lakewood (where I don't live).
Here I am like a fool, working 20 years with a Master Degree, with a take home of about 60K.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries