Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Amazon should refund Prime Membership
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:15 am
I don't understand why they are allowed to get away with this.

They charge a yearly Prime membership fee and they are not honoring it at all.

I get my packages faster from Landsend and Zara.

Amazon is still giving "two day shipping" but they're saying it will be delivered two days after we ship it. They actually ship it whenever they please.

malki2

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:17 am
We know someone who contacted them and complained about this, and they refunded him the money.

monseymom25

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:23 am
I agree it's totally unfair and frustrating, but you are free to cancel at any time. Also remember that a prime membership isn't just 2 day shipping. It includes many other benefits like prime video, music, books, and photo storage. Those things are all still available. I e found that many things are already back to 2 day delivery. If your items keep being delayed call them and ask them why. Ask them to extend your prime membership for a month.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:42 am
I don't think they'll extend the membership, but I've heard of a number of people complaining and getting part of the annual fee refunded, usually anywhere from the cost of 1-4 months. Definitely worth a try.

monseymom25

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:49 am
They have done it for me in the past if I've had a problem with a delivery. Amazon always wants you to be happy. They will definitely do something. Like doctorima said it's definitely worth the call.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:06 am
I complained and even spoke to a supervisor and got told that I knew the delivery date when I ordered and basically too bad. Didn't get a cent back.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:09 am
It's gotten much better. Most of the orders I place arrive in 2 days sometimes less.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:10 am
Amazon Prime also provides free delivery for most items. Otherwise you have to order a minimum amount to qualify.

As others have posted, it provides a lot of other benefits beyond fast shipping. The yearly membership doesn't provide the fast shipping as you can get the same shipping times if you aren't an amazon prime member.

During the height of the pandemic some items took a bit longer but at this point my deliveries come pretty quickly. I very rarely am so desperate for an item that I need to have it in a day. I use amazon because it is easier than going to the store for the type of stuff I order.

gande

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:15 am
I was pretty upset after waiting 3 weeks for stuff and they would not do anything. Not even an extra month of prime. I feel let down by them.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:18 am
Do you mean since covid19? They said that they wont be doing 2 day shipping during covid unless the items are essential items

momsrus

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Do you mean since covid19? They said that they wont be doing 2 day shipping during covid unless the items are essential items

Right, but then they shouldn't be charging for Prime membership if they can't honor the two day shipping guarantee.

giselle

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I complained and even spoke to a supervisor and got told that I knew the delivery date when I ordered and basically too bad. Didn't get a cent back.

I’m pretty surprised they didn’t offer you anything.. any time I’ve ever had a complaint with amazon, they’ve credited me or offered me extended membership etc.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:36 am
giselle wrote:
I’m pretty surprised they didn’t offer you anything.. any time I’ve ever had a complaint with amazon, they’ve credited me or offered me extended membership etc.

I am not sure how amazon is at fault if someone orders something knowing what the delivery date is. During the pandemic, I ordered stuff that had delivery dates well in the future.

I agree that amazon generally has exemplary customer service. I just don't understand how not having one or two day delivery on some items during a pandemic should justify a refund on membership.

It is not Prime Membership that provides fast delivery. Prime Membership provides FREE delivery of many items - some of which are fulfilled within a short period of time.

You pay the money for the free delivery plus many other benefits - grocery delivery; video content; free book. But chiefly I pay to have free delivery.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:42 am
I’m surprised to hear all this, because I have gotten several items for free (including a $45- pair of Natives), because they arrived late. I think I have almost made up the amount of my membership.

Edited to add: I did not call to complain. They offered it when I clicked on Track package.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:42 am
Amarante wrote:
I am not sure how amazon is at fault if someone orders something knowing what the delivery date is. During the pandemic, I ordered stuff that had delivery dates well in the future.

I agree that amazon generally has exemplary customer service. I just don't understand how not having one or two day delivery on some items during a pandemic should justify a refund on membership.

It is not Prime Membership that provides fast delivery. Prime Membership provides FREE delivery of many items - some of which are fulfilled within a short period of time.

You pay the money for the free delivery plus many other benefits - grocery delivery; video content; free book. But chiefly I pay to have free delivery.

and I pay to have QUICK delivery. I don't use the other benefits. I can get free delivery from many online retailers.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:45 am
I think some compassion has to be in place for customer service during the pandemic where probably a lot of people are working from home or calling in sick. Just getting 1 day shipping 5-10 x , covers the cost of prime vs fed ex/ ups. That being said , if items aren’t coming in time , definitely cancel and order elsewhere if you need it faster.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:49 am
Amarante wrote:

When you don't have prime, besides for having to meet the $25 (?) minimum to qualify for free shipping, you are not guaranteed 2 day delivery. A prime membership is supposed to entitle you to free delivery with no minimum, AND guaranteed 2 or 1 day delivery.

I don't think it's fair to tell people that if they ordered knowing the expected delivery date, they have no right to complain. You can't just go to another retailer and order the same item and get free shipping; in most cases there is a minimum order required. Yes, obviously people can attempt to plan better and shop for multiple items at once, but then it defeats the purpose of paying for prime. The fact that there are other benefits to a prime membership is irrelevant; if they are not providing what is arguably the key benefit, they should offer a proportional refund.

I see a lot of responses saying that their items have started coming within 2 days again, but in my area that's not the case. For my part, Amazon extended my prime membership for 4 months, since part of what I'm paying for is the fast delivery, and they are unable to provide that at this time. I'm not saying it's their 'fault', but I don't think it's inappropriate to request a partial refund for this reason.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:51 am
groovy1224 wrote:
When you don't have prime, besides for having to meet the $25 (?) minimum to qualify for free shipping, you are not guaranteed 2 day delivery. A prime membership is supposed to entitle you to free delivery with no minimum, AND guaranteed 2 or 1 day delivery.

I don't think it's fair to tell people that if they ordered knowing the expected delivery date, they have no right to complain. You can't just go to another retailer and order the same item and get free shipping; in most cases there is a minimum order required. Yes, obviously people can attempt to plan better and shop for multiple items at once, but then it defeats the purpose of paying for prime. The fact that there are other benefits to a prime membership is irrelevant; if they are not providing what is arguably the key benefit, they should offer a proportional refund.

I see a lot of responses saying that their items have started coming within 2 days again, but in my area that's not the case. For my part, Amazon extended my prime membership for 4 months, since part of what I'm paying for is the fast delivery, and they are unable to provide that at this time. I'm not saying it's their 'fault', but I don't think it's inappropriate to request a partial refund for this reason.

And amazon told me that their 2 day shipping is only from when it’s sent out and since I knew when I ordered that it would take longer, too bad. Really frustrating.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:58 am
Putting the pandemic aside, I found that Amazon has slipped a lot in their customer service in the past year or two. Prior to covid, I was getting a lot of things a few days late, or had issues with getting refunds. They were not helpful when I called on the phone. A couple of reps were rude on the phone. From what I hear, it's been awhile since they agreed to extend membership due to lateness issues, probably a couple of years. Now they have an almost complete monopoly, they don't really care.
I probably won't renew my membership when it runs out.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:04 am
I stopped my membership.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics